• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Therapist did *real* hypnosis with me today

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
PSA: The following thread is intended to make readers aware of certain alternative, possibly more effective ways to treat symptoms of autism on a more potent scale than traditional methods. I would like you all to know that I was safe and indoors in my room during today's session and all parts of the induction were intended to regulate vital signs and prevent escalation of anxiety. Hypnosis, self-induced or otherwise, should always be done in a secured environment where someone you know and trust is nearby and they are aware of your lower state of mind and can keep you safe. Never try to do heavy lifting or anything that requires straining while you are in a hypnotic trance. If something about this thread triggers you for any reason, just stop reading immediately.

So I did my telehealth appointment today as usual and it went fine, I told my therapist about some friends that are staying over with us and causing some seriously positive energy to flow. I was telling her about how things were really turning around and I noticed I kept trying to talk too fast, which she helped me recognize quickly. I admitted it was from one of my good friends being here and making the place feel wholesome and all, so she asked if it was okay if she dropped me and helped me relax a little, so I said of course. She got me started breathing as usual and she asked if there was something colored blue I could gently interact with in my room, and there's quite a few things but the majority of them are meant to be worn or something else done with them, so she pulled out a blue face mask and folded it so I only see the blue and not any logos or designs.

So here I am just listening to her take me further down, talking about how calm a color it can be, and she just keeps describing the uses for it until the world blurs out and i feel my vision trembling... But it's not from stress or anxiety, it's me letting everything bad leave my mind, I'm already aware.
This was a different kind of calm. A different kind of relaxation. It was then made very clear to me that Pepper wasn't simply just slowing me down into a calming daydream. I was literally in trance. As in, the kind you feel listening to Fiona Clearwater on YouTube. I honestly thought I was floating above my chair.

It went on for... She seemed to keep talking until... Until... Wait...

I don't even remember how much time had passed... But I knew I was safe the whole time and that all I could see was...

Blue...

Oh my, have we solved the puzzle already?

Hypnosis is very relaxing.
Funny, I don't have anything in my room that is blue either,
even though most of my clothes are shades of blue.

I'm wondering if hypnosis should be used to induce a long-lasting calm state. It definitely can. Such as give the brain the command to be calm every day, practically subconsciously cure anxiety in 1 hypnosis session for life.

I'm wondering if hypnosis should be used to induce a long-lasting calm state. It definitely can. Such as give the brain the command to be calm every day, practically subconsciously cure anxiety in 1 hypnosis session for life.
I don't know about life, but definitely a day or two. I still got that trigger from yesterday's appointment.

New Threads

Top Bottom