• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Teaching with Aspergers, 27 y.o. guy

ifightdragons

Hi everyone!

After 27 years of restless wondering, I'm finally beginning to come to terms with who and what I am.
I try give things a positive spin whenever possible, so I've enjoyed finding out how Asperger's may enable and perhaps strengthen one's positive traits.

Not going to bore or offend anyone with my life's story :unsure: To keep it short and sweet, I'm a Norwegian high school teacher, currently enrolled in a Ph.D program for my doctorate in sociology. I have no idea how I've made it to where I am, and I feel pretty much confused and alone about where I'm going next.

I've been reading these forums for a little while, and just seeing that I'm not in my own solitary, sinking ship - but rather on a huge Aspie caribbean cruise :) - has made a world of difference!

Thank you for taking time reading, I'm glad I found you

Well, we need to start throwing more parties, with lots of those rum drinks with little umbrellas. (I've been saying this for quite some time. I can get you on board with this, right?) Of course, I'm stuck on a whale, so nobody ever lets me at the helm.

Aspergers can be a liability, but yes, we all work on making it an asset instead. Sometimes that's a rough journey--it was for me, I know.

Bienvenu !

I have no idea how I've made it to where I am, and I feel pretty much confused and alone about where I'm going next.

I've been reading these forums for a little while, and just seeing that I'm not in my own solitary, sinking ship - but rather on a huge Aspie caribbean cruise :) - has made a world of difference!

Welcome. Oh yes, how I understand that question and your metaphor about the sinking ship. "How did I make it this far?" And never being able to really bring it up with much of anyone because I didn't understand until now. And how important and profound it is to discover that we are not alone. I find this place to be a treasure trove of helpful information and support. I hope you do as well.

Thank you all for making me feel welcome :)

Wyverary: I'm in, and I'll even join you on the whale. It can be our after-hours hang out! :smoke:

Judge and asnlifecoach: It really puts a smile on my face seeing like-minded people as yourselves. They're not in abundance!

Well, we need to start throwing more parties, with lots of those rum drinks with little umbrellas.

As long as there are umbrellas... count me in! But only if there are umbrellas.

Besides that; Welcome ifightdragons :)

Thank you for taking time reading, I'm glad I found you

I've never been on a cruise before, so this sounds exciting. And nice to meet you!

New Threads

Top Bottom