• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Talking with each other.

Sander

Master Liar
I had this thought today, which if possible I think is a good idea.
Some of you might know the program Teamspeak 3: TeamSpeak - TeamSpeak 3
The program is a chat and talk program, just like Skype, but here you have rooms which you can join. That is the main difference. If someone hosts a server with this program, people who installed it and have the address can join the server, get in a room and talk with each other.

My idea was if someone can host it (if possible the server the site is running on.) other people from this forum can join and talk. Have fun, joke around or really get serious;). So you have more of a social contact. I don't know how other people think about this. But I seriously would like to talk to people. Some others might too. (I don't know what to tell else about it, I always have those great thoughts of writing a long and good post about things and ideas. I just can't. :()

I would like to know your opinion about it.:)

Sander.

I think this COULD BE a GREAT idea Sander. The only thing is, those who work or have bizzy lives will have limited time to be on it. If at all. Also, with our social and processing issues ( ect, ) this could be an especial challenge for many of us. I think this is a better idea for an exclusive ADHD community, honestly. Most of the people on here are likely adults. Just my thoughts. And I know hundreds of Aspies personally.

Or you could just start a skype group ;)

While your idea might seem nice, I know quite a few aspies who aren't that interested in talking to each other through a microphone and such. Perhaps it's just the people I know who aren't that up for it though...

As for myself; I don't even care to talk on a phone nor do I care to talk when chatting since I'm usually listening to music in the background and it would bother me greatly (it's also one of the reasons I don't do headsets to chat during gaming). And chatting/typing, well, that's fine I guess, but I rarely have the interest to have a long conversation through chat either. Hanging out on the AC chat is as social as I get, lol

And of course, there's another thing to consider on this forum; timezones. I might be around at the weirdest times, but given there's a decent few from the UK and from the US, that's already a significant difference in timezones. And I didn't even cover the aussies on here.

I have used teamspeak before when gaming and pretty much all that was talked about was, what was going on in the game I was playing. Usually for me, after a day out in the world taking care of things around people and interacting with them, I would much rather just type at home (except of course when talking to my mom) It took Nolan 8 months to truly understand this (and he still doesn't seem to understand)

New Threads

Top Bottom