• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Special Effects as an interest

Saragrl

Does any one else like computer special effects? This seems to be odd interest for people in my life. I don't know why, but ever since I seen films like Armageddon is have wanted to be able to do things like that. I always been a sucker for eye candy, in effects and in video games.

I was wondering if anyone else tries this stuff, or is really interested in it.

Special effects yes, computer related, not so much. I tend to be more interested in physical props and special effects.

I've given 3d modelling a go, which I think is a good start if you want to get into effects and such, but it just isn't for me. On the other hand painting models and to some extent making props seems way more up my alley.

Been working on a shot where the Normandy from mass effect rises out of a nebula and goes to warp. Here is a draft look of the warp effect I am working on.

New Threads

Top Bottom