• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Shaving with a double edge razor

Iamarock

This is my new obsession. It appeals to my sense of ritual and repitition. Same routine every day. First wash my face with hot water, then apply some pre shave oil, next I whip up some nice lather in my bowl with my brush, I then shave my whole face with downward strokes, lather up again and shave with sideways strokes, I then lather up one more time and shave with upward strokes, rinse with cold water, apply an astringent and I am done. I do this the same way every day.

I never liked shaving before I discovered vintage double edge razors and this routine. It appeals to my OCD very much.

Oh no, not a straight edge. I wouldn't trust me 62 year old hands to that. I use a vintage Gillette safety razor that is 20 years older than me.

Sounds very interesting. I'll have to look into it. Maybe my husband would like it? Haven't yet met a man that doesn't appreciate a good shave. =)

Sounds very interesting. I'll have to look into it. Maybe my husband would like it? Haven't yet met a man that doesn't appreciate a good shave. =)
If he is interested, send me a PM and I can help get him started. I originally got into this because I got tired of paying $32 for 8 Fusion cartridges that would last 3-4 months. For $10 I can get 100 double edge blades that will last me a year. It wasn't until after I started shaving with a vintage double edge razor that I discovered how it really works for my OCD tendencies.

New Threads

Top Bottom