• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Restoring the environment

I know a guy who is very good at salvaging useful "junk," but he's also a pack-rat, and is only wasting storage space, while the stuff goes obsolete. I can't persuade him to work on distribution, even though the space maintenance is ruining his life.
On the tool front, I find myself, like an Army, "ready for the previous war." My big shop is mostly idle. I'm going from shopping for tools and collecting exotic materials to looking for someone who will use them after me.

I wish I could just go to our local recycling centre and take loads of "trash" home with me! I see things all the time that I could use to build cool stuff or repair but they won't let you due to legal/liability reasons. Of course the staff help themselves!
At the transfer station where I bring my garbage and recyclables, they have a shed where people can leave things and others can take them. Anything that is in there is up for grabs and there is a lot of swapping that goes on. It’s pretty cool and I have found some interesting things there as well as left things that I knew were useful but not to me.

At the transfer station where I bring my garbage and recyclables, they have a shed where people can leave things and others can take them.
This is the way it used to work in dumps here, it still does in remote areas. But now they've let people operate the dumps (recycle centres) in the cities as a business, so you pay to take stuff to the dump and you pay more if you want to take something home with you. :(

We have a nice tradition here, every year in May all the kids from the primary schools and middle schools are sent out with garbage bags and spend a couple of days picking up trash along the main roads. It's because when the snow melts there's some trash left behind from winter. And our Constitution Day is in May so the roads and everything looks nice and clean for that. We did that when I was a kid and they're still doing it now. It's just one small thing but it helps a lot I think. Good to get rid of it so birds and other animals don't eat it or get stuck in something.

I also do that every spring, as soon as the snow melts I take a walk around the property and the road where I live and pick up trash if I see any. It's a nice spring tradition, cleaning up after winter and welcoming spring.
We also do this here. The kids are sent to pick up the trash in areas and collect plastics. A lot of schools focus on environmental sustainability and often focus on pushing students to travel by walking or by bikes. We also recycle pretty much everything, and incorrect recycling sees someone getting fined. A lot of houses and certain new buildings here also have the solar panels. Also, a lot of people have their own allotment gardens. Overall, Switzerland is pretty green. =)

We also do this here. The kids are sent to pick up the trash in areas and collect plastics. A lot of schools focus on environmental sustainability and often focus on pushing students to travel by walking or by bikes. We also recycle pretty much everything, and incorrect recycling sees someone getting fined. A lot of houses and certain new buildings here also have the solar panels. Also, a lot of people have their own allotment gardens. Overall, Switzerland is pretty green. =)

Switzerland is green and great. :) By the way, it looks like you guys will be wading in Norwegians soon. More and more people are moving to Switzerland, most of them end up in Lugano and Zug it looks like. The authorities here make things more difficult for people these days and Switzerland seems to be better now. I feel a little bad for you guys, having to deal with all those zany Norwegians wandering around. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom