• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Race Obsession

♫G♪

*cough cough*
I have an obsession with race.
No, it's not like if I'm a racist idiot. I just like watching and taking mental notes of the different physical traits of people from different ethnicities. I started that from when I was a young child. One of my hobbies is to read papers and studies of the migrations of the ancient people.
It's not just racial traits that I'm interested in.
According to Darwin's cousin, Francis, a race is any group of organisms of a certain species that have a high genetic similarity to each-other. Two random individuals of the same race will have a lot more in common, than two random individuals of the same species. Out-breeding is less common than inbreeding.

A race can be young or old. It can be artificial or natural. An example of an old and natural race is the Caucasian race (which is composed of many races, itself). The people in those lands didn't breed as much with the others because they were physically separated by large tracts of lands. A young and artificial race could be a group of intellectuals in the 1900's that promised to breed only with other healthy intellectuals who joined the artificial race.
Not all old races are natural, and the same goes for young races.

I, myself, am multiracial. My grandparents are White, Multiracial, Mongolian, and Black.
Who else has an obsession wit race? What races are you guys?

I never paid much attention to the science of races, but I do love them. I'm an artist, so I look at people differently, I guess. There's just so many different kinds of beauty! I go from one to the other, studying what makes people different from each other, and what makes them the same, so I can draw real people, not just cookie-cutter portraits. I also like to dip into cultures, here and there, trying to get a feel for what they see, what they feel. There are some amazing, beautiful people out there. In the past, I've been obsessed with Asian cultures, specifically Japanese and Korean. I watched a lot of anime back then, and some Korean soaps. I've been obsessed with Latino cultures (I went almost a year, listening to Spanish radio more than anything else), and Black culture (my new love is spoken-word poetry. I've even written a little myself). I wonder who's next?

PS, I'm a Scandinavian mutt!

I have this obsession too! I've always been extremely curious about other races, and ethnic groups; but seldom have anyone who's interested in talking about it with me. Or, I get some overly sensitive person who gets offended by the mere mention of race. I'm quite the mutt: I'm Greek, Irish, German, Polish, and Swedish.

New Threads

Top Bottom