• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Programing, server/network, EE...

Bikutoso

V.I.P Member
Before I start I'm sorry for any spelling or writing errors, and sentences that don't make much sense.

I don't know if this is a obsession or only a interest, but I'm very interested in programing and every ting else of server, computers, and EE.

I have been interested in computers since i was 9-10 years old, when my father bought a computer with Windows XP on it.
Later i got interested in how servers worked, and in the last year i have gotten interested in EE and programming.

I'm currently a IT-apprentice.
the thing I'm most interested in right now is programming, and have some basic knowledge about C++ and are trying to learn more.

I have much more I'm interested in but i think i have told enough right now.

If you're into networking and IT you might like to become acquainted with Linux, if not already.
Python gives you lots of possibilities for playing with packets, servers etc. Even more so if you add the Scapy library to your code.

If you stay up all night just to learn about computers and networks or tinker around with them... If new hardware makes you get all tingly and mushy inside... If you love the smell of them... If you see computers as "people" or "pets" and have even named them... If your biggest dream would be to know every minute detail about them... I could go on here but yeah, if you feel that way and more, you've got an obsession.

I agree about learning Linux. You will learn way more about how an operating system and programs actually function. And IT professionals that are knowledgeable about Linux often get better pay because they're harder to find than Windows experienced IT professionals.

If you're a hardcore tinkerer, you're best off installing it on a separate PC to start because you will likely break it to start. A lot. If you're really brave though you could always try what I did when I started out with it and wipe windows off from the get go and install it. LOL. I probably would have preferred what I suggested initially, but being stuck with it as my one and only OS like that sure did jump start the learning curve for me like a Linux boot camp, LOL.

Then again that was back when you couldn't even get it installed without knowing how to partition your hard drive for it. It's gotten way easier to use in the past ten years. My mom has been happily using the same Linux mint installation I initially put on her laptop for almost two years now.

I have been into it in a while now, and I have done Second year in Upper secondary school (IKT-servicefag), and have been a Apprentice for about half year now.

I love more older hardware/systems than the new.
I would mouch more have a IBM 704 sytem rather than the newest rack server available. (Well would have both, but i like the older more)

I have not named any computers, but i usaly talk to them.

I have done Linux in 2 years now, I use it on a old school laptop i have. and when i shall move out i think about installing Linux to use as a computer to run a Intranet site with some useful tools for daily tasks in the house.
Else i have only tried linux in a VM.
I usually use Debian in my Linux systems

I haven't tried Python yet, but i have a little knowledge of C++

New Threads

Top Bottom