• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Poetry

WillowHope

Hiya guys :D

Does anyone else find poetry is a good way to express emotions?

Reason I ask, is I've been looking around the web for places to advertise my book and found a lot of people with Aspergers seem to do poetry and find its a good way to deal with feelings/emotions. And they seem to be able to express things they can't express in any other way - like I find it easier to write down things anyway, rather than discuss it openly.

If anyone does write poems, we could share them here?

Here's one of mine:

?BLINDFOLDED

I can see that you need me
but I don?t know how or why,
and I can see that you?re broken
but I just can?t understand - understand me.
It?s not the things in front of me that I can?t see.
It?s everything that?s behind your face
and all your neurotypical ways
that confound me.

If you only took the time
just to try to see through my eyes -
the way I spend my life,
trying to unravel your mysteries.
Then maybe we could be fine.
Maybe even normal.

Until then I guess we?ll wait,
you on one side and I on the other -
because there is no halfway point.
So sick of trying to be normal,
why should I have to change for you?

It?s like I?m blindfolded,
and deaf to you - and everything you are.?

Now that I'm coping a lot better I prefer to write short stories etc rather than poetry.

:D

WillowHope
thegirlinthepandahat

Hi WillowHope, you may have seen it, there is a Poetry!!!!!!! thread under Obsessions and Interests :)

New Threads

Top Bottom