• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Non messy non plastic anti skin picking fidgets?

HappySunwing

I'm sorry if this is already posted somewhere else, I did my best to search before posting here. If this is already discussed somewhere please direct me to that thread.

I'm looking for something specific. I struggle with skin picking and don't like plastic. I ideally would like something that is minimally messy.

There's a lot of pick stones and trays where you have this liquid that then dried and then you can pick.

I'm open to that for when I'm like watching TV, but I would like something for when I'm out of the house.

The regular pop it fidgets would be great but I don't like plastic and weird smells which it sounds like the regular pop its fall into that category.

Does anyone know of any fidget toys aimed at reducing skin picking that meet the following categories?

Non messy

Reusable

Non plastic

No or minimal smell

I had that weird thing a lot as a child. I now pick at my clothes seams a lot. I have trained myself not to skin pick. When you feel the urge, you need to consciously pick at something else. But l hope you find alternative. The other option is to not do it. I may have misunderstood your post. Is this actual body- skin picking?

Picking nail polish can be a satisfying alternative. Although, it may not fit into someone's idea of "not messy." This particular brand peels off for me and is very satisfying.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 4.40.02 PM.png

I had that weird thing a lot as a child. I now pick at my clothes seams a lot. I have trained myself not to skin pick. When you feel the urge, you need to consciously pick at something else. But l hope you find alternative. The other option is to not do it. I may have misunderstood your post. Is this actual body- skin picking?
Nose picking and scab picking. Doesn't help that my dispraxia means I always have a new scab to pick.

I now have started scratching my head almost to raw when stressed. Like that area will feel sore. I do it when l don't feel in control in my surroundings. Do you do it to release stress? Or is more just a everyday habit?

I now have started scratching my head almost to raw when stressed. Like that area will feel sore. I do it when l don't feel in control in my surroundings. Do you do it to release stress? Or is more just a everyday habit?
It's when I'm bored at work. Or to give my fingers something to do when I'm waiting for a screen to load. It's not an unhealthy amount of stress causing it. Just boredom and needing my fingers to do something.

New Threads

Top Bottom