• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My odd obsessions...

NoxNocturne

Well, one of them might not be odd, but one of them is, I think. First, I love learning about everything involving the medical world (this might have something to do with my having been in nursing school and my having a mom who worked as an X-ray technologist). I also love collecting 20-sided dice. This started during my brief stint playing "Magic: The Gathering". Sadly, I haven't been anywhere to buy any more dice as of recently, but hopefully that will change soon. :)

I don't have "an odd obsession.":p
I just noticed OP referring to polyhedra dice.

The first time I saw any polyhedra dice was for school,
not for a board game. Does that make me nerdier than
if I had been playing board games with them?o_O

We used them for games, but there weren't any dungeons
or knights or goblins involved. Just numbers. I like
polyhedra dice. Some of mine have fractions on them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dice

prod7694_dt.jpg

Obsessions, my mind always has to be working. I am constantly looking for more information about wverything. For example, I get off the train and I look around and begin: that woman needs bigger shoes, these steps would be ideal 5cms higher, if the wind blows I'll walk on the other side of the road so the sun gives me warmth, remember that if I cross on the second street not the third like eveyone I'll save like 10 seconds and then I'll be walking on a flat sidewalk while the others destroy their ankles going on the other side which is not even.

Bah, there is no such thing as odd. :grinning:

The world needs every kind of person, and people with every kind of interest!

Is it odd for an aspie to be obsessed by human interaction? I have had people be confused about that, mainly cuz I tend to both avoid interaction and be drawn to it (love interaction at internship/school but hate it most other places)

For me humans and interactions are what space is to an astronomer. I don't like it because it is easy and understandable, but I like it because it is so intricate and complicated. There is so much to learn and be fascinated about. But at the same time it scares me, makes me nervous and want to avoid interaction with people as well

Sometimes I really don't understand myself

Bah, there is no such thing as odd. :grinning:

The world needs every kind of person, and people with every kind of interest!
You're right. If there were only one kind of person in this world, I would die. Everyone is different and views things differently. That is why our world is so diverse.

Would it be considered odd to have an obsession with conjoined twins? It's one I've had off and on for most of my life... I don't know what it is, but ever since the first time I ever saw a picture of two people joined to one another, it's been something that's intrigued me... The whole idea of two people being, in a way, part of one another... To me, conjoined twins is the closest, most intimate relationship two people can possibly have, sharing skin, muscle, possibly a vital organ or 3...

New Threads

Top Bottom