• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 9yo son has sleep problems, sleepwalking anyone else

debym6

Since I am new here this may have been asked for talked about before. If so I apologize.

I am a little worried about my son and his frequent night wakings and sleepwalking. It never was a problem when he was younger but it has been happening a lot lately. He has always had a problem getting to sleep and now that he is older he can explain to me why. He says he has the ringing in his ears and he cant stop thinking. I know how annoying that ringing is I have it as well and it made it very hard to go to bed when I was a child. This is why I tend to sleep with some type of noise going on a fan or something. So I have started to do this with him but was I guess watching him more at night as he is now coming into my room to sleep as he is nervous about some scarey things kids talked about at school. Anyway with him in my room one night I awoke to him running back and forth I asked him what are you doing he stopped looked at me but with a glare and then tried to grab me like I was going to hurt him I kept saying what are you doing then he just laid down and was sleeping like he never woke. This seems to happen a lot these days, sometimes if I try to talk to him he just makes no sense and then down asleep like nothing happened. Last night he got out kept turning in circles like he was chasing something kept lifting his arms and then behind him he laughed and smiled but was sleeping. I never knew he did this till recently and now I am worried as he has a loft bed. I'm scared he might get hurt and surprised I never knew he did this. My husband is saying oh he's fine leave it alone, but I just wonder is this something I should look deeper into or just normal? Thanks so much for reading.

New Threads

Top Bottom