• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

missing piece of the puzzle!

Frito64

Hi all,

I am new to the group and pretty sure I has aspergers. Reading a lot of the symptoms of asperger's syndrome is like reading my auto-biorgraphy. I am 47 years old, and finally feel as sense of relief at finding the "missing piece."

Just to start off right, I want to explain my other difficulties. I am legally blind since birth, and I also have a hormone problem known as Klinefelter syndrome (very low males hormones and an extra "x" (female) chromosome. I am not gay, but am very much in touch wiht my feminie side. An interesting thing as well is that asperger's ties in with my being legall blind, as many people born with my problem (under-development of the optic nerve) are autistic.

Asperger's really explains so much of my behavior - narrow interests (I have been obsessed with one interest for most of my life), social inability, very few friends among peers, etc. I had attributed it to shyness in the past, but a lot of people (those who I am comfortable enough to talk to) don't consider me shy. I had an upsetting situation a couple of months ago (which turned out to me over-reacting and misunderstanding something), and as I talked to someone about it and mentioned my social awkwardness, they said it sounded like asperger's. I researched it, ans as stated above, reading the sympoms and csome case studies were like reading my own life. It was like I finally found the missing piece of the puzzle!

I have no plans to go to a psychiatist or anything, but I am interested in learning ways to manage this, and talk to people with asperger's as well.

Frito

Welcome to the community. Feel free to post any questions you may have or join in discussions.

New Threads

Top Bottom