• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Marbles

I'm torn. On one hand there's no denying the beauty and allure of marbles. On the other... I have a phobia of choking; a phobia that is so strong that I get anxiety whenever I'm around small (smaller than my hand) objects, out of a completely irrational fear that I'll "go crazy" and try to swallow them.

I understand how "exposure therapy" works and I've done it to myself before when it came to mild fears (such as teaching myself to touch the trash can with my hands instead of my prehensile toes in order to get over my fear of germs).

But when it comes to my fear of choking, I am very reluctant to do exposure with the small objects that cause me such anxiety.

Sorry for derailing the thread. :/

I completely understand that phobia... I'm a synaesthete and looking at certain objects makes me feel them in my mouth, ewww... And I also get that irrational fear of choking at times. No idea why...

I don't think you derailed the thread. You wrote about marbles. :)

I completely understand that phobia... I'm a synaesthete and looking at certain objects makes me feel them in my mouth, ewww... And I also get that irrational fear of choking at times. No idea why...

I don't think you derailed the thread. You wrote about marbles. :)
Finally someone who understands! I thought I was alone! :relieved:

To stay on topic... I wish I could appreciate marbles more. Like I said, I do find them to be very visually pleasing, and they have a nice texture too... It'd be nice to have a collection... stupid irrational fears... :tired:

New Threads

Top Bottom