• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Lego Mindstorm and Technic

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I'm interesting learning about those who do like Lego Mindstorm, and/or Technic. My interest in Technic started during my childhood when my father got me a set. I love all the moving parts of the structure you're trying to build. When I found a Lego group in Toronto was the first time learning about Mindstorm. I didn't know you can have a computer that can control parts and build a robot. I'm hoping to get a Mindstorm kit one day.

I remember having to use Mindstorm at university when I was studying IT there. It was fun albeit it overly simplified in terms of programming; but at least there wasn't any coding needed and just some click and drag type of sequences to load up on the main unit. I guess it was an easy introduction for programming though.

I didn't really enjoy it that much, but perhaps it had to do with the fact that I wasn't free to experiment but had assignments to do.

I remember having to use Mindstorm at university when I was studying IT there. It was fun albeit it overly simplified in terms of programming; but at least there wasn't any coding needed and just some click and drag type of sequences to load up on the main unit. I guess it was an easy introduction for programming though.

I didn't really enjoy it that much, but perhaps it had to do with the fact that I wasn't free to experiment but had assignments to do.

You used the software that Lego provides. You can program Mindstorm in many programming languages. VB, C#, and etc. On top of this, there people use an external computer to send Bluetooth commands to the Lego computer. For example, a person used an Galaxy S2 phone as the processing power to solve a real Rubic Cube. It takes pictures of all sides and able to solve it within 5 seconds. Here is the video

You used the software that Lego provides. You can program Mindstorm in many programming languages. VB, C#, and etc. On top of this, there people use an external computer to send Bluetooth commands to the Lego computer. For example, a person used an Galaxy S2 phone as the processing power to solve a real Rubic Cube. It takes pictures of all sides and able to solve it within 5 seconds. Here is the video

Considering it was the first week of the first year, we used the lego software, heh.

It's still pretty awesome that it's compatible with so many languages though.

New Threads

Top Bottom