• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Just looked up "Asperger's Syndrome Forum" on Google and here I am.

Harpuia

So I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is David, I am 25 years old, and I have just recently been diagnosed by my psychologist with Asperger's Syndrome, albeit I will be doing additional neuropsychology testing with a psychiatrist to find out for sure.

I had never even heard of this until about last week when my psych told me about it. I had mistaken it for Social Anxiety for years. She mentioned that I had the perfect connection where I had these little obsessive quirks and social cues that I seem to miss and my extreme attention to my work. She had diagnosed me last week on April 30th, and I took this one self Aspie quiz and got an Aspie score of 148/200 and an NT score of 67/200... whatever that is.

I work as an engineer in Las Vegas, Nevada and I do some programming on the side, and have had it pretty rough. My parents raised me hard-right born-again evangelical Christian (you know the type) and don't believe in this mental health stuff and all of this is very new to me. I hate this town, it's so difficult to make friends when you're just normal, forget being Aspie, or have social phobia, or anything else. I play poker, I like board games, I'm being told to start broadening my horizons a bit. I am extroverted yet sort of shy... I kind of just don't like talking to people very much (sick of the constant rejection).

When I was first diagnosed, I was both kind of happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it kind of answered a LOT of questions about why I was always a little "off" from other people, but sad because my family has yet to talk to me since, and a lot of people I know here in Vegas don't see Asperger's as "real"...

So yeah, that's... pretty much it. Hi... I guess.

Hey David,

Welcome! I've been warmly welcomed here so far. Not at all loving drama, just want you to know that I'm a born again Christian and an aspie, and not all Christians think mental health problems are nonsense. I know Focus on the Family is great with that stuff, and acually helped me with resources for anxiety and depression. I just hope "Christian" won't always translate to "rejection" for you. Glad you are here!

Welcome! Im a Christian here too, we actually have a mix of faiths here. Which makes the conversations interesting because everyones very tolerant of other faiths.

Hi! Welcome Welcome to AC! I'm sure you'll find lots of people to connect with and have a good time with here. We are very tolerant of all faiths and all people.

Welcome to AC :)

My aspie quiz scores are 147 of 200(aspie), 56 of 200 (NT) so not far off your score.

It's sad that your family are not supporting you, maybe in time they will, it's probably quite a shock for them too particularly if they are not very pro mental health, you'll always have support here on AC though :)

New Threads

Top Bottom