• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

It's silly that society needs money to be happy

Some great points here, I'd like to talk to a lot of people on their ideas.

"I can dream" - Storm Hess

I like to think that at some point if we become a type 2/3 civilisation it would be feasible for money to be replaced by matter, old, and new, recycled. Milking matter is important to such a civilisation, and the best area to get it from is the closest, the old matter we already have. Such a concept is partly true today, where you take old stuff to the salesman and they offer you a discount for the new item in exchange for it. It does not seem nice to recycle food and at the same time eat it too, but on some level we do it, we use it for animals which might provide us with fresh food.
But the concept requires also a modification of classic job functioning, as well as how payment is given and the amount in which it is. It will still be controlled by someone, be it organization or private [less likely in this case].

It seems to be working better for this, and for people, that jobs be replaced by machines, so that all or a vast amount of the worked time will be spent in vacation, with family, hobbies, development etc. Then there will be no social loss, the machines would bring the same amount of functionality, more mass health and happiness.

When the consummer era will end, and people will stop wanting to be so focused on new and new products that do the same thing, then it's possible that people get what they need and they are provided not with money but with some food selection and goods directly in supermarkets. Having a microchip or rather a non-invasive watch/mobile could grant people access to goods, based on their earnings, or better off needs. Car brands of luxury and show-offness have to disappear though. So everyone has a more equal wealth and necessities, nothing extra and unnecessarily added.

"I don't like money, it creates distance in my relationships if the person is money-centric." - Aspychata

I agree, some people, especially men, have a fear that a woman might always want to go on expensive dates for which he's gonna pay, and that actually is a bit interesting because once you're partnered with a person you're supposed to not only share a house, food, and finances, but also get along on them and what they get used for, and also give that person your very soul. If your trust and soul costs less than finances, then I don't know how the priorities can be switched back. A person who dates does want long-term but does not always account for the changes that are gonna be done if that will be the path they embark on, and be blinded by fears mixed with a selfishness that will likely have to change if they live together. Does not always see the path they are wanting to pave clearly, and involves in immature theories.

"it can bring a short term euphoric sensation, but rich people are a resounding demonstration that money is not something which leads to contentment in life." - Suzanne

Two great points in a sentence. Euphoric short term sensation. There is no proof that money and material things bring a person fulfillment, but that they are temporary placeholders. Gifts such as affection and understanding are very fulfilling to people and do not depreciate in time.

Spoiled people are not nice people, and end up having a hard life socially. The wealthy and the less burdened do not have the same understanding of what it's like to struggle in life and the same views and needs as a poor person.

"Balance is the key" - Suzanne

Being aversive to finances at this actual time can make life more difficult for someone, it can impair the way they go about value in life, or they oppose it; when it comes to survival there can be a disadvantage if a person does not accept the amount or the money, and it can also be if they go for lesser value than they can earn. It can affect how a person views the world, because of the fatcats which have no integrity.

Money is not everything, but it's also not nothing, for the time being a lot of things revolve around finances in not the best and most practical ways. Financial education is highly lacking, or people willfully ignore it throughout their lives.

This thread is the proof that value is beyond financial gain. Social views and opinions, wisdom is Gold.

Last edited:
Let's explore the following situation:

I have a boss who pays me a reasonable amount but he keeps depreciating me. Will money have the power to change how he makes me feel? Even if he pays me extra to put up with it, will I be compelled to forgive him and be happy that he does pay me for making me suffer, every time he does? Will I want to expose myself to it, if I have the choice, am not desperate and will not lose my job, because the money make me happy? What if I'm desperate, will I sometimes think and reflect on a better life, where I can feel good but might have to stop temporarily or lessen the money in pursuit for something I need or desire? Better workplace integrity for example? Will I be less happy if I give this situation up but fail to help a person dear to me through it? Is it the money which will help, or my affection and bond towards the person?

Happiness is a very strange and changing concept. It is not static because you can be without family and friends and be happy. You can be without money and changing clothes and be happy. You can be without anything belonging to the world and feel happiness or have the state of happiness. You can also find reasons to be happy when you're not. Things you overlook in day to day life, small spontaneous changes, events.

Happiness is a sort of madness that is personally constructed and let go of.

New Threads

Top Bottom