• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is this an overreaction?

Ana54

My father eats ALL my tsatsiki sauce that I just got the day before yesterday and only had a tiny bit of once, then he tells me to eat his stupid mayonnaise instead. If he liked the damn mayo so much why didn't he eat it and leave my **** alone? I tell him he acts like an idiot, he's drinking beer constantly and I told him to stop drinking. He said that I acted like an idiot ALL the time. I said "That's a terrible thing to say." He said, "Well it's true." I swear to God, if this insulting crap keeps up I'm going to hurt him no matter how much he hurts me in return. What's it going to be next; him going in my room and grabbing some of my clothes to use as rags? God; these two people have no conscience. Am I going to have to get lockboxes for my stuff?

I've come to hate teamwork and "live together or die alone" and all that crap, but I don't want to go to a shelter and leave my stuff behind for them to take and use as they damn well please. I should look harder for an apartment, but it's so hard to find one that's affordable and not in a neighborhood where I will get ripped off and that allows children and that allows multiple people living there (my bf and our son are planning on coming up).

I should drink his beer. That'll show him.

If I had a video camera I would tape him while he's drunk and show him how ridiculous he acts. I'm really hurt right now because he MEANS what he says when he says I act stupid all the time. He MEANT it.

I get the impression that this man thinks I'm crazy for getting psychiatric help because there's nothing wrong with me; I'm just a brat. Do you see the contradiction in this? Yet he doesn't deny other people's mental problems and says things like "She's depressed" and "He has schizophrenia."

If I had a video camera I would tape him while he's drunk and show him how ridiculous he acts. I'm really hurt right now because he MEANS what he says when he says I act stupid all the time. He MEANT it.

I would say it's the drink doing the talking, not him. In arguments, people always say things they don't really mean. Especially if they're drunk.

I'm guessing that the tsatsiki sauce was very yummy and went well with the beer.

Most parents don't like being called idiots by their children, and vice versa obviously.

Just keep looking for an apartment that will be suitable, I'm sure one will come up soon. In the meantime, just try avoiding him when he is drunk, because he will say nasty things when he's drunk and he won't mean them. Maybe try keeping your favourite things in your room, or just say to him that if he wanted some he should have asked and you would have given him some, but not all of it.

I'd have to get a fridge for my room. LOL. And everything of mine except for food I do keep in my room.

New Threads

Top Bottom