• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm proud of myself

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
I overcame my social anxiety and asked a friend to hang out. I have always relied on other people to ask me or else it doesn't happen. This time, I made it happen. Now we know that Hell will not contain fire. It will contain ice. Because I froze it over.

Feels liberating, doesn't it and scary?! I have done to same and due to that, have had some nice experiences. But, sadly, it doesn't always happen like that for me and end up back where I was before.

Feels liberating, doesn't it and scary?! I have done to same and due to that, have had some nice experiences. But, sadly, it doesn't always happen like that for me and end up back where I was before.

Same here. People are temporary. Trying and others trying to be friends has wasted my time pretty much.

Last edited:
Trying to do two new things next month, eat Lebanese and play disc golf. If l do one of those, that will be success.

So are you going to keep trying this new behavior? I think it's good to try something new, to step out of our comfort zone. Sometimes it's successful, sometimes it's not. But you become more secure in yourself.

Last edited:
Excelent! Now with that to go on you can build on that if you wish and open yourself to more social experiences. That was so hard for me, with multiple ways to be rejected. You can do it and build on your wins.

That's great, sounds like real progress! How did you do it?

I'm part of a church group chat, and there is someone who consistently offers to hang out with people and I had always wanted to but couldn't get myself to do it, but this time I messaged him and said I'd be down to hang out!

So are you going to keep trying this new behavior? I think it's good to try something new, to step out of our comfort zone. Sometimes it's successful, sometimes it's not. But you become more secure in yourself.

So far it looks like I am! The next day, I asked an old friend to meet up! I had been waiting for about a year for him to contact me, but he recently had a baby so it makes sense that he's occupied.

I overcame my social anxiety and asked a friend to hang out. I have always relied on other people to ask me or else it doesn't happen. This time, I made it happen. Now we know that Hell will not contain fire. It will contain ice. Because I froze it over.
Kudos!! That's no small feat. I hope the hang out goes well and is just the first of many hang outs you initiate.

I'm part of a church group chat, and there is someone who consistently offers to hang out with people and I had always wanted to but couldn't get myself to do it, but this time I messaged him and said I'd be down to hang out!

So far it looks like I am! The next day, I asked an old friend to meet up! I had been waiting for about a year for him to contact me, but he recently had a baby so it makes sense that he's occupied.
You are a success story. You stepped out of your comfort zone.

Congratulations, Fino! That took a lot of guts! I'm cheering for your continuance of your new-found freedom. Enjoy!

New Threads

Top Bottom