• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I want to go hiking on trails this summer.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Yeah, being an urban guy with no vehicle of my own, I cannot go hiking by myself on the nearby mountain trails. If I learn how to drive a car, I can hike those trails every weekend during the summer.

Just being in nature for several hours at a time sounds lovely to me.

Sorry to hear. Across the border in Vancouver, there are many trails accessible via transit, and the latest 10-year transit plans calls for some additional parks to be connected to bus routes.

Have you considered contacting your local municipal authorities to express a desire for them to run some bus routes (even if they're seasonal during the summer, and might be on a less frequent basis, e.g. every 1.5-2 hours) that would pass by one or more popular trails/parks to start with? Perhaps you could do so in conjunction with a local outdoors club or other community groups?

I hope you do get out. Getting out hiking, with time for introspection, is healing for me. i am fortunate to live close to the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore with its hiking and bicycling trails. In the summer I enjoy being a trail ambassador on the Heritage Bike trail that goes through woods, and fields, past small towns and old farmsteads maintained for their historical value. I've helped repair bikes and given out coupons for a free ice cream at Cherry Republic to children wearing helmets properly. It is fun getting out.

Yeah, being an urban guy with no vehicle of my own, I cannot go hiking by myself on the nearby mountain trails. If I learn how to drive a car, I can hike those trails every weekend during the summer.

Just being in nature for several hours at a time sounds lovely to me.
Yes! I absolutely love hiking on rugged trails. There is one within walking distance from my house. Actually, "lovely" is an understatement. It is one of the best therapies I have ever experienced.

I agree that being in nature is great for us in so many ways. Mentally, physically, and even spiritually for many.

Metalhead, even though you are in an urban area, are there any green spaces carved out of the man-made things? Lots of cities these days have designated nature areas, and even though they are a bit confined, just seeing green trees and having fresh air can be really beneficial.

New Threads

Top Bottom