• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am feeling a general lack of motivation.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Lack of motivation in my job, my hobbies, my film criticism writing, video gaming, working out after I get home from my job. All I feel like doing is zoning out, frankly.

Maybe I should talk to my psychiatrist about this in the very near future.

Lack of motivation in my job, my hobbies, my film criticism writing, video gaming, working out after I get home from my job. All I feel like doing is zoning out, frankly.

Maybe I should talk to my psychiatrist about this in the very near future.
That's what real clinical depression is all about. When nothing makes you happy. In my own case my inability to indulge in my hobbies was always an indicator of my depression flowing rather than ebbing. In understanding it in this sense, I learned not to be so hard on myself during those times. And to try avoiding making any really critical decisions in my personal life.

Maybe your physician can prescribe something...lot of products out there. Something to consider, anyways.

That's what real clinical depression is all about. When nothing makes you happy. In my own case my inability to indulge in my hobbies was always an indicator of my depression flowing rather than ebbing. In understanding it in this sense, I learned not to be so hard on myself during those times. And to try avoiding making any really critical decisions in my personal life.

Maybe your physician can prescribe something...lot of products out there. Something to consider, anyways.
I think you are correct. I also think I go through this every winter, so I need to prepare for it.

SAD is a diagnosis. The doctor usually prescribes a light box. I think l recall having this discussion before with you during another winter time frame. Our tux cat would jump up on table and put his side on box front, because cats absorb Vit D thru their fur. Seasonal affective disorder, l believe that's the term. I just dragged my friend to sit in our sun yesterday for an hour, though it was too cool to go in pool. So we lounged around the pool. He was diagnosed with this, told to buy a light box, and sit for at least 40 min next to it while he ate breakfast.

Yes, talk to somebody. One of my problems is that many times I don't really know what I feel. I'm not sure if I'm sad, tired, depressed, sick, and so on. Many times I thought that I was stressed out because of work only to realize that I had a physical problem. So besides a psychiatrist, check with your primary care doctor. Any chance it could be an illness?

That's good, it will hopefully make a difference to how you are feeling, given a bit of time. The days are starting to lengthen here now, just a minute or 2 each day soon builds.

New Threads

Top Bottom