• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Long Do People Live

Short of DNA to collaborate, I am suspicious of birth certificates from this time period. Trust the statistics. more. SPC uses 3 standard deviations for anomalies. particle physics uses 6 standards deviations.to confirm a new particle like the Higgs, she lived 7 standard deviations longer than the norm. makes me very suspicious

Last edited:
the current record holder is 118 previous to her is 119. and if she dies 115 is the closest, so it shows how difficult it is to get to 122.

World's oldest person died a few days ago. Current oldest person id now 115. 122 is sounding more unlikely. something looks fishy. over 7 standard deviations

It's not how what where or when, it's why do we live. Now stop asking how to live but start asking why we live. We know the answer, but it's fun to ask why and never try bud dry.

Beats me. I'm still shocked that I made it into my sixties. But don't see myself living much longer than 70...no matter what statistics imply.

Haha I'm 43 and I'm surprised or lucky to still be here. Let's do 6 more rounds and then, ask the question again. Anyone with me?

The only true immortal is Kenny McCormick.
1D191C9C-E94B-4B7B-8ACC-1C4622D54EEB.jpeg

You have to weigh two probabilities. a person living too 122 one someone lying. the choice to me seems easy. In physics 5 standard deviations is significant for discovery.

Attachments

• Rate of living Z-table.pdf
    93.8 KB · Views: 60
You have to weigh two probabilities. a person living too 122 one someone lying. the choice to me seems easy. In physics 5 standard deviations is significant for discovery.
Fair enough I mean what 24 million minutes partially asleep and the next ones oh my the possibilities are endless...!? Err where next?

I got an epiphany last night; women and men have different lifespans this solution may resolved.

Attachments

• Rate of living Z-table.pdf
    94.1 KB · Views: 60
Hazel McCallion died today former mayor of Mississauga she was major well into her nineties was 101 when she died. based on my charts she had a coin toss chance of living another year when she passed. I Love statistics so predictive.

Last edited:
@Bolletje, My mum is 97 and she has good friends and is independent and living in her own flat. She's not lonely although it has been hard to go to her older and same age friends' funerals, and those of her siblings. It's partly how outgoing the person is, maybe? My mum played sports for many years and has some younger friends (70s and 80s) from that.

It's interesting that some people who live into their nineties and beyond can lead such different lives. I know of a woman, a family friend in her late nineties who still lives in her own house by herself and walks around a bit in her neighborhood. Her family checks on her and assists her daily.

I have another relative the same age who is infirm and although well cared for, requires more or less constant care and is leading a very lonely life of just existing rather than living. I would not want to live that way.

It is, in part, genetic. I know someone who is 80 and still teaching dance lessons. Her mother lived to 109.

It's estimated that there are 97,000 Centrarians in the US. That is a lot. There are more than half a million people in the world who are over 100 years old.

New Threads

Top Bottom