• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How i am incorporating real Ninjutsu into my schedule and daily life as anxiety control

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Ninjutsu -- if you are familiar with the term you may have become so through Naruto, where various hand seals are used to lob bolts of electricity, summon golden dragons and fox spirits, and make copies of oneself.

I have talked about things like various forms and divisions of kuji-in and kuji kiri, as well as my near-mastery of psionics to make certain things easier in my life. My reason interest and research in ninjutsu has taught me that I can use its many mental techniques and forms of breathing exercises to gain control over my emotions and ability to stay calm under pressure or in the face of threats.

I have been secretly practicing this for a few weeks now, and I am actually seeing real results! Ever since I start ninja training, I haven't felt the urge to escalate at all, my anger issues are almost completely under control, not to mention a really cool set of bonuses like learning better ways to sneak around and deliver silent messages LOL :p

I have also decided to switch up my diet a little so that I'm not eating TOO much meat (apparently the body requires lots of energy to process meat and part of living as a ninja requires being able to stay awake for long periods of time, which I'm fairly good at anyway haha), and I'm making sure I get plenty of protein and potassium as well as vitamins.

Some here might think I'm a little crazy for doing things this way; well, if that's how you feel, fine by me LOL. All I know is living ninja life is working out awesome for me. If it works for me then that's all that matters right?

I've read that the traditional ninjas would dangle themselves from steep cliffs and all sorts of other crazy stuff in order to become calmer in tense situations. I always thought that was so cool, and lots of people even do something similar (albeit less-dangerous) with cold showers, ice baths and things like that. If you can calm your breath during bodily stressors like that, you might just have a one-up on everyone else.

Then again, I've also read that most of these ninjas were simply ordinary farmers by day and used their cool / stealthy skills only when needed (like when they were being harassed), so you can't really make a cool movie or lore out of those accounts. Especially when your grand finale is simply vanishing into the night to get away from the enemy.

There's nothing wrong with blazing your own path, by the way! I prefer doing difficult physical and mental tasks in order to combat those pesky emotions, but that's only because it works so well for me. I think if more people were encouraged to discover what works best for them (and to even entertain ideas that seem odd on first glance), people would have the freedom to live like the ninja more often and maybe find their zen there.

In my experience, any discipline can be used to become more ninja-like. Focus and struggle can go a long way!

Last edited:
Ninjas are cool, because they try to resolve without using violence unless to defend themselves.
Like your ideas.

i often use the music from a ninja game known as Tenchu to avoid visual encounters with certain women,based on how often i encounter them :bullettrainside::bullettrainside:,now i transitioned to hand seals from Naruto to avoid those visual encounters with them,based on how often i see them whether solo,in a duo,trio or quartet :walking: :bullettrainside: :train:.

Last edited:
"I can use its many mental techniques and forms of breathing exercises to
gain control over my emotions and ability to stay calm under pressure or in the face of threats."

@UberScout

Could you describe one of the exercises that you've found useful?

One good chunk of ninjutsu involves breathing techniques combined with the use of hand seals, and it is thought that some were used for meditation.

One common technique is to place your hands together so that the index and middle fingers from both hands touch parallel, with your dominant hand's fingers resting below the center of the other two. The knuckles in your dominant hand should either roll into your palm with the other fingers over them, or lock with your opposite ones. I prefer to start breathing in through the nose moderately briskly, but as easy as I can, hold it for as long as I can, then purse my lips and let it out as slow as possible I repeat this as many times I feel like i need to, and before I know it I'm in a unique state of focus that has really gotten me through a lot of chaos this past week.

One good chunk of ninjutsu involves breathing techniques combined with the use of hand seals, and it is thought that some were used for meditation.

One common technique is to place your hands together so that the index and middle fingers from both hands touch parallel, with your dominant hand's fingers resting below the center of the other two. The knuckles in your dominant hand should either roll into your palm with the other fingers over them, or lock with your opposite ones. I prefer to start breathing in through the nose moderately briskly, but as easy as I can, hold it for as long as I can, then purse my lips and let it out as slow as possible I repeat this as many times I feel like i need to, and before I know it I'm in a unique state of focus that has really gotten me through a lot of chaos this past week.
This sounds really cool.

Thanks, @Rodafina!

I told my therapist about mendoing this at my appointment with her today and she was actually a big fan of me doing so! It looks like Iike Ninjutsu has been unofficially made part of my therapy :)

New Threads

Top Bottom