• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How big is your head?

Randomperson

The abyss of my mind.
I know I know, oddball topic and question, but I had to measure my skull so I could order a hat that would fit correctly. 24.5 inches with short hair, so likely 24 bald. People have been known to use that as a waist size, and my head is not fat either, its all skull skin and hair honest! This does help explain why glasses never fit me right and dug into my temples all the time, as not only is my head over 2 feet in circumference it is very nearly round as well. At 25 and 1/4 they stop making hats that fit you unless you get them to do a custom order too.....

Anyone else have a larger then normal skull? Do we just have larger skulls then NT's? Or am I just a lone anomaly?!

23" (just measured it)

Although there have been times when people have said
'If your head gets any bigger it won't fit through the door'

So I can assume that it varies in size

I've always been a bit self-conscious about the size of my head. Was teased at primary school for it. Will go and buy a measuring tape and let you know! What's the average size for a head?

The average forehead circumference is 55cm for females and 57cm for males. I'm female and my head is 58cm (23").....and I'm 5ft 6" and size 10/12 in clothes so I'd imagine my head looks big for my body from other peoples' perspectives. Who else has measured theirs? I just put a string round my head and measured with a ruler. Feeling inadequate now I've done this.

It's confirmed...I have a big head for a woman. :(

Last edited:
21.25" / 54cm, according to the tape measure in my sewing kit. So, normal I guess.

Now, why would you read anything naughty out of my comment?
Oh great, for once I was able to read "head" and take it literally, and now you've sent my mind back to the depths of the naughty hell it crawled from! Gah!

Is phrenology your obsession?

Not in particular, that is the study of the bumps and lumps on the head if I remember correctly. Most of my lumpy bumpy spots are non natural due to blunt force traumas, where as phrenology sounds like the study of the skulls natural shape and bump patterns?

Not in particular, that is the study of the bumps and lumps on the head if I remember correctly. Most of my lumpy bumpy spots are non natural due to blunt force traumas, where as phrenology sounds like the study of the skulls natural shape and bump patterns?

Interestingly, the original Sherlock Holmes was into phrenology, which does involve measuring the head and specific parts thereof. The idea, among other things, was that you could predict intelligence based on certain measurements. This theory has since been debunked, but it is still interesting to me, though not in obsessive terms.

23-1/2 inches. I know when I use the shop welding helmet I have to crank the adjustment know out a few turns, so it's bigger than average

I don't know exactly how big, but both of my son's have huge heads, both are aspies. They are both over the 99% on growth charts for head size. Macrocephaly.

New Threads

Top Bottom