• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Newly Diagnosed Aspie

allegrorules

Hey Everyone. I'm a newly diagnosed aspie (actually still in the whole process of making it "official") and I'm looking for some support and just to get to know other people that I can relate to. I'm 16 year old girl who is OBSESSED with horses! :) I also have POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and undiagnosed seizures. I have a horse that is awesome his name is Allegro (hence my username).
My mom started suspecting me having aspergers when she and my neighbor noticed crazy similarities between me and their son. She brought it up to my psychologist and found out that she had actually been thinking the same thing. We looked through my history and if fits. Plus it explains a lot that didnt make sense before....such as my make believe friends, why I never connect with people my age, why I would spend hours playing board games on my own, etc. Its also good because we found out that theres a HUGE link between autism spectrum disorders and seizures so hopefully it will help with my whole seizure thing too.

Anyway, just looking for some other people with similarities....

~Geana & Allegro

Hey welcome to AC we are a great group of people ranging in all ages. I am glad that you found us. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Its nice to meet another Aspie girl of course. There are a fair few of us here. Again we range in all ages. So welcome!:)

Hello to you! I had seizures when I was in my early 20s, which they never found the cause of. Of course, I wasn't diagnosed with AS then. It was scary but they went away on their own as ignore older. Hope yours do too!

New Threads

Top Bottom