• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone!

zapbook

I'm Zapbook, and I just registered for Aspies Central. I figured I'd take some time to introduce myself to you.

In 2009 I was close to receiving a diagnosis for Asperger's Syndrome, but my fear of being labelled kept me from finishing the process. Despite that, since then I have been living my life feeling I have AS, researching it and making changes to my lifestyle as I saw fit.

Now that I'm transitioning into adulthood, I'm beginning to realise my symptoms are keeping me from living a truly productive life. I'm nearly done with Modern Lit at university and run a web design studio. Academically and financially, things are going well. Yet, juggling these things, my household, 'social life' and relationship with my lovely fianc? is getting more difficult every day. My meltdowns are getting heavier, and my executive functioning seems, at times, non-existent. That's why I went back into therapy, hoping to get my diagnosis after all. It's also why I came to this forum. Perhaps I can find a few solutions to my problem right here, and make some friends along the way.

Aside from my trouble planning, scheduling and - especially - sticking to a plan, I do have fun in life. I love playing different musical instruments and teaching kids in the neighbourhood to play the guitar. I also enjoy the horror genre (film and literature), comics, photography, cycling, and video games.

I'm looking forward to engaging in conversations here on the forum.

Have a nice day!

Zapbook

Hey there zapbook! Nice to meet you!

You've come to the right place if you're looking for help and answers to the various things that NT's get that we seem to miss. Here to you finding what you need to help you!

Hi Zapbook! Welcome to Aspies Central.

I understand how you feel about juggling multiple aspects of life. It can be stressful at times. That's something this forum is good for: we always look to help each other out. I often like to consider our community as an extended family of sorts because of how much we care about one another. Hope you enjoy all we have to offer here and find what you're looking for.

New Threads

Top Bottom