• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello ~

Dakura

Hi, I'm a 23 Y old male, potential Aspie (self-diagnosed).

I'm awaiting a doctor's appointment, but I'm actually afraid leaving behind a paper trail of what I am (I already have depression and social anxiety under my belt) could seriously affect my chances with employment...

Although I've worked hard on my social skills, and can be generally considered a 'friendly' person, I believe not many see me as a close friend. Especially because small talk is always exceptionally difficult (even though I worked on it) and I come off as a 'preachy' or 'to the business' kind of person.

I'm hoping to be part of the community...

Hi, I'm a 23 Y old male, potential Aspie (self-diagnosed).

I'm awaiting a doctor's appointment, but I'm actually afraid leaving behind a paper trail of what I am (I already have depression and social anxiety under my belt) could seriously affect my chances with employment...

Although I've worked hard on my social skills, and can be generally considered a 'friendly' person, I believe not many see me as a close friend. Especially because small talk is always exceptionally difficult (even though I worked on it) and I come off as a 'preachy' or 'to the business' kind of person.

I'm hoping to be part of the community...

Sounds a lot like my situation as well...except for the timed being I have no intention of being formally diagnosed for the above-mentioned reasons.

In any case, welcome!

Hey man don't be scared of employment, its a medical diagnosis your not under any obligation to reveal it and no one is given any right to know it.. I haven't revealed it to my employer and I got work!

On top of that, it's illegal to discriminate against employees (or potential employees) who have disabilities. It's true that not everyone understands, but if they can't be brought to understanding through polite discussion, the courts provide us with another option.

New Threads

Top Bottom