• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello.

FishyEnthusiest

I am a 29 year old female. I have aspergers syndome. I work part-time as a delivery parts driver and I have two dogs and a new fish tank. I am very exited about my fish tank! I also have a boyfriend, we have been together for almost 2 years. He has a 5 year old daughter too. I don't really understand kids but I am trying really hard to communicate with her appropriately.

Hi!!!! Welcome to AC! There a lot of girls with AS here too (I am one). Its nice to meet you. I hope you like us we're a great bunch of people.

Welcome to aspiescentral.com, you will find we are a helpful bunch here ; ]
I have found my Aspergers is a benefit when dealing with the children of my siblings; I just stop restraining my full aspergical nature and have fun, do the stuff I never got to do as a child.
I think the 5 year old will be able to recognize a kindred spirit :lol:

Hey welcome! I've been a fish enthusiast for the last 8 years, looks like I got a fellow fish keeper to talk to!

Hey welcome! I've been a fish enthusiast for the last 8 years, looks like I got a fellow fish keeper to talk to!

That is very cool that you have been keeping fish for 8 years, what kind of fish do you have? I have guppies and zebra danios (glofish) and an albino bristlenose pleco.

Hi fishyenthusiest welcome to AC :)

I was obsessed with fish for a number of years but had to give it all up because we needed the space (and my obsession died down) but I'm still very much a fish lover and really want to get a tank or two setup again but at the moment I'm focusing on snakes.

Over the years I've kept a variety of fish and at one point I had 7 tanks ranging in size from a 5 gallon up to a 60 gallon The fish I've kept (not all at the same time but over the years) have been - Jurupari geophagus, senegalus bichir, gourami's, fancy goldfish(specifically black moores and telescope eyed varieties),bristlenose plecs, otos, corydoras (elongated, bronze, panda, trilli), white cloud mountain minnows, amano shrimp, cherry shrimp, bettas and I've kept, bred and written articles about african dwarf frogs (aquatic frogs incase you didn't know). I was also heavily into aquascaping, including having a planted goldfish tank(which can be done despite people saying it can't be done, it can you just have to have the right plants). At the height of my obsession all I did with my free time was clean my tanks, make videos, take photos and of course post on fish forums...oh and go to my local fish shops a few times a week.

AC-Welcome-Banner.png

Thanks for the welcome Kelly. I have a 29 gallon tank. We also want to get a 75 gallon tank, but we have to have funds to do so first. I was actually thinking about getting a couple of dwarf frogs but was worried I would have to hand feed them and I did not want to do that. They are indeed very cool though. I am active on a fish forum also, although I read more than I post since I am still new at this I need to get as much information as I can.

That is very cool that you have been keeping fish for 8 years, what kind of fish do you have? I have guppies and zebra danios (glofish) and an albino bristlenose pleco.

I have a guppy colony too. I have 4 seperate seed strains in my 29, dwarf gourami species tank in a 15, and a 55 with kribensis, rainbow shark, blue gouramis, an SAE, and a growing swordtail colony.

A few months ago I went to specialty shop of aquariums and fish. I educated some of the employees and the manager asked me to work for him :p I took it as an odd compliment. Im just excited that someone else has an usual special interest that I do!

Welcome! Fish tanks are awesome! I love building up little 'habitats' in a tank and learning about the biology. Also, fish breeding is quite fun and would make a good hobby now that winter is over. Alas, I had to give up that interest now that I live in a tiny Manhattan apartment :(. Post pics of your fish tank for us when you get it set up :D

New Threads

Top Bottom