• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello !

ladydragon

Eclectic
I actually joined here a while ago; it just had taken awhile before I decided to make an introduction. I am a 34 yr old woman self diagnosed as Asperger?s & ADHD (I was diagnosed with ADHD and LD as a child and clinical depression as an adult, but since having an Associate?s degree in psychology have kind of made my own diagnoses based on my own research). I am also a divorced mom of a child who is diagnosed clinically with Asperger?s & Tourette's with ADHD & OCD features. Now that I have gotten the technical stuff out of the way, not sure what else to say here. I am still looking for somewhere to help me get an actual diagnoses (I am starting to think that it is nearly impossible in my town for an adult to get an evaluation and diagnoses), but so far that has been pretty hard, seemingly there is not a lot of options in my area of the US. Me and my son have an interesting household, he is a hyper loud Aspie and I am a quiet Aspie, luckily I have gotten him to learn to look to books for his answers sometimes. And when the endless question keep going for hours I just turn off my active hearing, luckily he don't get mad he just goes to find his own space which works great for us both.

I have a question about the message board, I wonder how come I can't look at my profile or anyone else's?

I actually joined here a while ago; it just had taken awhile before I decided to make an introduction. I am a 34 yr old woman self diagnosed as Asperger?s & ADHD (I was diagnosed with ADHD and LD as a child and clinical depression as an adult, but since having an Associate?s degree in psychology have kind of made my own diagnoses based on my own research). I am also a divorced mom of a child who is diagnosed clinically with Asperger?s & Tourette's with ADHD & OCD features. Now that I have gotten the technical stuff out of the way, not sure what else to say here. I am still looking for somewhere to help me get an actual diagnoses (I am starting to think that it is nearly impossible in my town for an adult to get an evaluation and diagnoses), but so far that has been pretty hard, seemingly there is not a lot of options in my area of the US. Me and my son have an interesting household, he is a hyper loud Aspie and I am a quiet Aspie, luckily I have gotten him to learn to look to books for his answers sometimes. And when the endless question keep going for hours I just turn off my active hearing, luckily he don't get mad he just goes to find his own space which works great for us both.

I have a question about the message board, I wonder how come I can't look at my profile or anyone else's?

Welcome! Welcome! To AC! You'll find lots of supportive people here, people to connect to, and information.

As to the profile thing its something the admins have to do after they approve a certain amount of posts or something like that. Welcome!!!:cute:

Hi ladydragon. Welcome to the forum. Did you find any of the threads particularly compelling, while you were lurking? As to profile access, there is a minimum number of posts or something before you can access your profile. I guess the admins want to make sure that you plan on staying?

Thank you for welcomes! I am guessing the number is 3 posts maybe, cause now I can see my profile.
I did read some of the threads while I was lurking, but mostly I got distracted with getting a new dog so I wasn't on here for awhile after I registered. I am not sure if I will post a lot all the time, right now this is kind of a new novelty being on a new message board with new people to, don't take this wrong, study, I always do that everywhere I go when it is new(might just be part of being a quiet aspie girl not sure).

New Threads

Top Bottom