• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever not liked someone

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
And wish they'd accept it and just leave you alone
I hate posting negativity of here which is hard because my trauma seems to get a lot worse sometimes
But the worse thing in life is being made to fit somewhere you do not belong
You are better to walk alone than with bad company if you can even walk.
Does being alone often feel better to anyone on here?
Because then you can be who you are and shine the way you want without people trying to ruin it.
Yes it is lonely but it feels so good knowing you can just celebrate your light and be happy without people spoiling it with their issues
This has happened to me time and time again
I have people (some people) in my life like my family and my support worker and workers who do not do it.
It is hard to fill the gaps of what you lack.
But it is accepting people who hurt you.

Yeah, have had a couple of encounters, it's hard to describe, but like some people being too pushy, they do it from a good heart, but no thanks. Apart from a few friends I'm currently in a phase of my life where I isolate on purpose, it's way too complicated to interact IRL.

Edit: I don't isolate from my near family either, I was talking about non-family members above

Last edited:
Certainly.
I think everyone feels this way sometimes.
I never isolated from close family, but then I only had two close family members.

The feeling of freedom that comes from being alone can be very needed at times.
But I do not like being totally alone all of the time.
I find it hard to find someone with whom I would feel comfortable being with on a continuous basis.

Every form of refuge has its price.

There was one guy I detested. He had a poor work ethic, was not intelligent enough for even his work as a lab tech and was eventually fired for falsifying data. But what did it for me was at a time I did not have much confidence and had a crush on a cute, intelligent animal caretaker. That guy came up to me to tell me that I need to ask her out because she was good in bed and a good lay. That left me feeling worthless.

I have disliked people at work and basically made no secret of it,not been nasty or abusive just considered they are not there as they are irrelevant to me

Have I ever not liked someone? Most definitely.
Is being alone better for me that with the company of someone I don't like? Absolutely.
Just me, but I am the happiest and most content when alone.

There are zillions of different people. Each with their own beliefs, preferences, ideas, ideals and lifestyles. Only a few are compatible with my life. I respect all of them as I would wish to be respected. But, that doesn't mean I "like" them.

There are some foods that I dislike, but that doesn't mean I think it shouldn't exist or that no one should like it.

There is something to address first. Trusting someone and liking/disliking someone, are two different animals.

I have trust issues because of my upbringing. Does that mean I dislike everyone? No.

But to answer if I have ever disliked anyone. Yes. My stepmother and father. I could say my Bio-mother too. But I know nothing about her from personal experience, so I cannot be bothered to dislike her. Even if I should and have every right to.

And wish they'd accept it and just leave you alone
I hate posting negativity of here which is hard because my trauma seems to get a lot worse sometimes
But the worse thing in life is being made to fit somewhere you do not belong
You are better to walk alone than with bad company if you can even walk.
Does being alone often feel better to anyone on here?
Because then you can be who you are and shine the way you want without people trying to ruin it.
Yes it is lonely but it feels so good knowing you can just celebrate your light and be happy without people spoiling it with their issues
This has happened to me time and time again
I have people (some people) in my life like my family and my support worker and workers who do not do it.
It is hard to fill the gaps of what you lack.
But it is accepting people who hurt you.
I have never not liked someone and then wished they'd leave me alone. Well, except for a few bullies.

I bet that's how the girls I tried to date in high school felt about me.

New Threads

Top Bottom