• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone watched 12 Years a Slave?

AspiePie

It is literally one of the most Brutal movies ever... It shows a lot of stuff which is downright disturbing and it is not a work of fiction. It is based off of a actual Black Slaves biography of the time he was held in the Old South... This Movie is like Sindler's List done black... Read the Book after words just to figure out how F'd up it real was,,,

I saw it on pay-per-view some time ago. Interesting story given it's based on Solomon Northup's memoirs. But much of the film seemed to reflect all the elements- and brutality of the 70s television miniseries "Roots" as well. Worth seeing if you haven't already.

I saw it in an independent theater three years ago before it got popular. It's a very depressing movie, the ending was still bleak in my mind as Patsey was basically left to die on the plantation.

I saw it on pay-per-view some time ago. Interesting story given it's based on Solomon Northup's memoirs. But much of the film seemed to reflect all the elements- and brutality of the 70s television miniseries "Roots" as well. Worth seeing if you haven't already.

Prolly more informative then Roots on the inner working of Slavery and the Role of Christianity... But I will watch Roots to see!

Yes.. I believe everyone who went to School as part of my Generation saw that... My Cousins in Germany have seen the camps in person at quite young ages!
I met a man recently who had lived in Germany and visited Dachau. He said the stench can still be smelled when it rains there.

I met a man recently who had lived in Germany and visited Dachau. He said the stench can still be smelled when it rains there.
Frankly.. there are still bodies all over the South of slaves who were killed by there masters but no one comments on that...

Frankly.. there are still bodies all over the South of slaves who were killed by there masters but no one comments on that...
I won't challenge the assertion that there were murders of slaves, however, slaves were owned by a relative minority of the population, and slaves were VERY expensive to purchase and 'maintain'. It was almost always in the financial interest of the holders to keep slaves alive and in 'working' condition. For the record, abolitionists were a small but vocal minority in pre-1865 America. The majority of Americans South and North did not give a fig about slavery or the status of African Americans, as demonstrated by over a century of their fight for civil rights.

I won't challenge the assertion that there were murders of slaves, however, slaves were owned by a relative minority of the population, and slaves were VERY expensive to purchase and 'maintain'. It was almost always in the financial interest of the holders to keep slaves alive and in 'working' condition. For the record, abolitionists were a small but vocal minority in pre-1865 America. The majority of Americans South and North did not give a fig about slavery or the status of African Americans, as demonstrated by over a century of their fight for civil rights.
Have you watched Mississippi Burning... And yes they were very violent with their slave when the slaves didn't do what they wanted!

New Threads

Top Bottom