• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone turned their interest/ obsession into a business?

I would love to be one of those lucky few who make enough money from their blog to live off of, since I love writing and the idea of commuting many hours to London every day for a job sounds like a nightmare to me. Mine is still a work in progress but one of my New Year's resolutions is to put more time into it and make it a bit more special!

My obsessions and interests and my putting them out there just landed me a writing contract, so I suppose that is turning it into a business.

I would love to be one of those lucky few who make enough money from their blog to live off of, since I love writing and the idea of commuting many hours to London every day for a job sounds like a nightmare to me. Mine is still a work in progress but one of my New Year's resolutions is to put more time into it and make it a bit more special!

I know it's rare but i love getting a train to Waterloo- i just plugin my phone and listen to some music while i watch the expanse of the amazing city i live in. My favourite part of London is Canary Wharf (the financial district for those who don't know where banks like HSBC are based) because it has a NY style grid system. Unfortunately, i cant afford to live there and i don't work at a bank so i often just walk there, pop into the shakespearian pub owned by Sir Ian Mckellan, and then get the DLR to Bank of England before walking back to Waterloo, popping into Forbidden Planet on the way. I love my Saturdays. It is also worth noting that, until the construction of the Shard, the Canary Wharf tower on Canada Square was the tallest building in the UK. I went up there once and could see for miles- from beyond CoL airport and the thames barrier up to areas like Enfield and onto Kent.

I know it's rare but i love getting a train to Waterloo- i just plugin my phone and listen to some music while i watch the expanse of the amazing city i live in. My favourite part of London is Canary Wharf (the financial district for those who don't know where banks like HSBC are based) because it has a NY style grid system. Unfortunately, i cant afford to live there and i don't work at a bank so i often just walk there, pop into the shakespearian pub owned by Sir Ian Mckellan, and then get the DLR to Bank of England before walking back to Waterloo, popping into Forbidden Planet on the way. I love my Saturdays. It is also worth noting that, until the construction of the Shard, the Canary Wharf tower on Canada Square was the tallest building in the UK. I went up there once and could see for miles- from beyond CoL airport and the thames barrier up to areas like Enfield and onto Kent.

Yup, London is a beautiful place :)

It's a good ~3 hour journey for me, so when I eventually get home again I'm exhausted! I love trying some of the speciality foods you can't find anywhere else.

Oh, i see. It's only an hour for me so i see why you might find it a bore. Yes, the food is great- there is a lot of food specific to some countries in asia which are rare like i once found taiwanese, vietnamese and mongolian restaurants all next to each other.

New Threads

Top Bottom