• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone had nightmares with bureaucratic red tape?

Rob

V.I.P Member
Hi Everyone

I have had a terrible time the last few weeks waiting to get my mom's birth certificate from Europe. I need the birth certificate so she can collect survivor pension benefits.

Internet searching for her birth records proved fruitless, so I had to call an embassy consulate for assistance. The consulate was very helpful but I had to wait until the Christmas holidays were over to finish the process.

I have had to fill out power of attorney forms, scan information to the embassy and consider asking for extensions to the government deadline. Finally I got a scanned copy of my mom's birth certificate from Slovenia, Europe.

I am now waiting for the original to be mailed to me, so I can get the photocopy certified here in Golden BC by a priest or lawyer. Thankfully I have until the 6th of February to get my birth certificate copy certified and sent to Ottawa.

Has anyone else had to go through lots of red tape?

Yes. When I sold my house.
By the way, why is this in the Site Suggestions area?

I could not find a place where I could find the "post new thread" section, aside from the Site Suggestions and Questions area.
Unless I pressed a wrong button somewhere.

I always seem to have difficulty using this forum site, though all the best efforts have been put together to make it as user-friendly as possible.

Is there something I am missing in the home page where I am not able to post a new thread from the home page? Thanks.

Err, I am not the best at explaining but I will try. I think from the AC home page, you could press "forums". That should take you to the page with all the categories of Subjects/Discussions listed. Then you choose which place your post seems best suited. Hope that helps.
Oh, and paperwork is really aggravating. I am glad I am done with the house. Now I am getting ready to do taxes: another nightmare.

I'm going through a lot of red tape right now. We've finally bought a house and want to move in as soon as possible because our current crappy rented house is a fire hazard. So we're getting a mortgage from the bank, but they keep delaying it and making it complicated because my parents get checks from a sponsor to cover my dad's medical bills (he had cancer last year), and the bank gets suspicious about those so we have to answer for them. The closing date for the deal on the house was originally January 18th; now it's been pushed back to the end of the month. Unfortunately, my mom says this is common.
At least that's what I think is going on. I wish we could just hand the current owner a big ol' bag of cash and move into the safe house. I've had to move downstairs because my room is too cold (central air is inefficient around here and my heater is dangerous in this house) and I want to be able to live in my own private space again.

I am the red tape. (Assuming you are a Canadian that wishes to attend post-secondary education.) :D

Remember, there are reasons for (many) rules. We have to find a way to stop people from getting large amounts of money for taking Digital Photography Techniques 101 from Canadian Collage of Ripping Off.

Intentional spelling error.

I could not find a place where I could find the "post new thread" section, aside from the Site Suggestions and Questions area.
Unless I pressed a wrong button somewhere.

I always seem to have difficulty using this forum site, though all the best efforts have been put together to make it as user-friendly as possible.

Is there something I am missing in the home page where I am not able to post a new thread from the home page? Thanks.
You can also contact staff if you post a thread in the wrong category to move to somewhere else.

Has anyone ever had a positive experience with bureaucratic red tape? :D

Yeah, just try incorporating a new business and, launching a non profit at the same time. Still untangling red tape on those but, the worst is over. I have the legal parts done, now it's all the rest I have to put in place but, it's coming along nicely now.

Has anyone ever had a positive experience with bureaucratic red tape? :D
Red tape is what got me mainstreamed. My mom had to fight for my right to an education the whole way through highschool. If it hadn't been for IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) I would have been stuck into a special ed classroom and I never would have gotten out. As it was, they still kept trying, and if the law hadn't been on our side we would have lost.

New Threads

Top Bottom