• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween plans?

WildCat

V.I.P Member
So does anyone here have any plans for Halloween? I know it's about a month away and that it might seem too early to ask, but this and Christmas are my top two 'holidays'...Halloween, because you can be someone (or something) else for a day and night without being ridiculed (maybe? depends...), and Christmas for the family gatherings and the last minute dollar store gifts. Thanksgiving comes 3rd, for the same reason as Christmas - the gifts + the grub. Meh.

I do plan to be in costume, possibly handing out treats this time around. If not, I still plan to be in costume :). Anyone else?

I don't really like Halloween, not at this point. We live in a... let's say...questionable neighborhood, kids rarely go from house to house to get their treats and the ones who do probably go to relatives and friends of the family houses, not just any house. I see in nice neighborhoods lots of people seem to be celebrating... But not here not really. When I was younger I would probably want to dress up and go to some party or something... Now I don't really care. And I don't think you're early, you're right on time with your question. Halloween has been in the air for a few weeks already :) so my family is planning to hide this year, as we've done before :) maybe we'll go to a mall with kids this time... To get some candy, I don't mind doing that. We'll see.

I'm really not sure. Halloween doesn't seem to be a big deal here, so I'll have to see how it goes. I've seen some scattered decorations in stores, but not like the U.S. I haven't heard anyone mention it, so I haven't bothered with plans.

Before the most I would do is get a costume and go to a party. It was one of the exceptions I found that made going to parties or bars with people not so bad. I always lived in apartments, in the middle of nowhere, or in college neighborhoods so no one really trick or treated. Handing out treats might be cute to do once.

I have always liked Halloween. As a kid I always celebrated it. As an adult, not really; I do not go to parties/bars. I like the concept of it still. I just celebrate it quietly in my mind.

I'll be sure to keep all the lights off in hopes that nobody will show up. I get anxious when people knock on the door. :D

Most likely will dress up and go to a bar/club with some friends. I'll end up standing there awkwardly while watching them get drunk.

New Threads

Top Bottom