• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greetings and Salutations

Mint

Hi, Howdy, and Hello to everyone.

Back in 2005, one of my sons was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which eventually lead to my seeking a diagnosis myself when I suspected it. I was 35 years old. So now I am an Aspie parent raising Aspie children. Parenting has been a struggle for me as well as the usual social technicalities. I have, since then, discovered there is quite a bit of autism throughout our family.

I have a very small circle and limited life, mostly because I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I got married very young, had kids, and am currently about to be divorced...again. I enjoy reading (anything), writing (my passion), singing (used to be good), dancing (two right feet), pool, bowling, darts, cards, and coffee. : ) My favorite aisle is the stationery aisle. I can't seem to get enough pen and paper...lol I love learning. I got an AAS in Office Administration and an AA in English with the intention of transferring though life has thrown me a curve ball and now I have to postpone that. I have four boys: 22, 22, 16, 14. I suppose my big thing is just words...reading them, writing them (fiction and poetry mostly), proofreading them, double entendres, font, etc. I love being creative with anything I'm doing.

Well, that's a book more than a post. I should type "The End." lol

Mint

Hi Mint! Welcome to Aspies Central.

I like how you compared your intro to a book because it's a great metaphor for people in general. We are all books in a sense because we all have unique stories which narrate our lives. These "books" also have a context, subtext, themes, etc. Just thought I would point that out. The difference between these books is that there is no real end, but a continuation of new chapters.

I hope you enjoy all the wonderful stories you read from the "books" known as members of Aspies Central (aka a close-knit family in my opinion).

New Threads

Top Bottom