• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greeting From Iowa

Dustman319

Hello, my name is Dusty.
I'm from Iowa. I was diagnosed with autism when I was 3 years old & I was diagnosed with Asperger's by a therapist in 2005 when I was 22 years old. My old therapist had worked with people with Asperger's before.
My obsessions are video games,(my all time fav is Zelda Ocarina of Time) watching the St. Louis Cardinals in baseball, Kansas City Chiefs in Football, Iowa Hawkeyes in NCAA football. Old pro wrestling from the 80's-early 2000's,(my mom named me after her fav wrestler Dusty Rhodes) my fav wrestler is The Undertaker. Sci-fi: I love time-travel(Back to the Future trilogy) post-apocalyptic(The Stand) & stories where the bad guys are winning(Star Wars) & Superhero movies & videogames(I love Batman, Superman 1 & 2, X-Men & most other Marvel superheros)
My interests( I like them, just not as much as my obsessions) are Chicago Bulls Basketball(I grew up with Michael Jordan) Detroit Red Wings Hockey, watching movies at the theater or at home, watching tv;I like comedies(Whose Line is it Anyway & How I Met Your Mother)
My problems are people who yell, are rude or criticize at me,(my dad was & is verbally abusive, so I have no tolerance of those things) I get flustered if problems are too big or there are too many problems(Overload) I will sometimes shutdown, get depressed & want to be alone, putting my foot in my mouth( I'll say one thing & a NT will think I meant something else & not in a good way) & when learning something new I have to get the hang of it right away, if I don't, I get frustrated & give up(especially if other people tell me I'm not doing a good job)
I was taken out of school after 6th grade. My parents was suppose to home school me, but never did. In 2003 I went back & got my GED. It took from Jan-May. I spent from Feb,2012-Sep 24th, 2013 learning how to transcribe literarybraille & I'm now certified.(I'll get my certificate in Nov)
I joined this forum to hopefully to met friends, & find out more about who I am.
If I wrote too much, I apologize.
Thanks for reading, Dusty

New Threads

Top Bottom