• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good price for Starlink: Battle for Atlas starter pack on eBay?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Just had an email from eBay, the starter pack I put on eBay has been relisted for about the third time after it didn't sell last week, again.

I put it on for £15 starter price plus £3.50 postage, so even then I'm selling it for a loss, I paid £29 for it so I'm already losing £1.50.

Anyway, should I lower the price and take an even bigger loss so that the thing actually sells this time? I'd just take it to Game and trade it in but I don't think I'd get much for it.

Please help if you can, I need the game to sell this week, I could do with the loot.

I just lowered the start price to £12.50, the game works in North America and Canada, all Xbox games are region free, I'd have to charge extra for International postage though.

Last edited:
15 + 3.50 = 18.50

The difference between £18.50 and £29 is £10.50 not £1.50!

Even at £12.50 + £3.50 postage starter price you have little to no chance of selling at that price in my opinion. Firstly, there’s someone in Manchester selling exactly the same thing with a 99p starting price and £3.45 postage. Secondly they are available for £20 brand new on eBay so for the sake of £4, it’s unlikely anyone will take a chance with second hand for a measly £4 saving and that’s if it doesn’t sell for more, which it’s highly unlikely to for the reasons I gave.

Don’t forget Rich second hand goods are not worth what you think they are worth, they are worth what someone is prepared to pay you. No one cares how much you paid or what you will lose in the deal, if you lose out that’s just tough, it works both ways!

Last edited:
Make with the commenting people.

112 views no comments? I edited out the anti-Google bits, what is it that it is that is the problem?

112 views no comments? I edited out the anti-Google bits, what is it that it is that is the problem?
This is the problem. No one has to help you, but people choose to do so out of friendliness. However, your tone is demanding, unfriendly and you have a habit of either ignoring or being rude to people that do respond, so it’s not too inviting to help out again in the future.
Also, @Starfire gave you a good response.

This is the problem. No one has to help you, but people choose to do so out of friendliness. However, your tone is demanding, unfriendly and you have a habit of either ignoring or being rude to people that do respond, so it’s not too inviting to help out again in the future.
Also, @Starfire gave you a good response.

The fact that most of the regulars just say "Use Google" is not my fault or problem.

If the Google fanboys on here would learn not to do that, there would be a LOT less of a problem IMO.

You edited out the “anti Google bits” but then added them back in your last post anyway! Really, what is the point unless it’s a feeble and misguided attempt to insult the same people you want help from?

I replied to your post only because no one else did but you ignored it anyway as presumably it wasn’t what you wanted to read, which is fine. You demand a reply so I gave you a realistic observation on your potential sale, or otherwise.

If you want more people to respond to your posts you need to take a long hard look at what you post, and how you relate and respond to forum members who make the effort to reply. If you choose not to sadly, and unfortunately for you, I see a time in the not to distant future when no one responds to any of your posts.

The fact that most of the regulars just say "Use Google" is not my fault or problem.

If the Google fanboys on here would learn not to do that, there would be a LOT less of a problem IMO.
Respectfully and realistically, Rich, I often see that those that do respond to you with helpful advice... used google to find the information to help you with.
Seems like an unnecessary middleman.

When two people are arguing, won't speak to one another(you and google, for instance), and want me to negotiate---
sorry. I don't play pride tennis.
Perhaps it's time to examine your motives, swallow your pride, and say in a loud, clear voice... "Ok Google."

Last edited:
Respectfully and realistically, Rich, I often see that those that do respond to you with helpful advice... used google to find the information to help you with.
Seems like an unnecessary middleman.

When two people are arguing, won't speak to one another(you and google, for instance), and want me to negotiate---
sorry. I don't play pride tennis.
Perhaps it's time to examine your motives, swallow your pride, and say in a loud, clear voice... "Ok Google."

Google fanboys are NOT my problem.

I just want real time answers to real time questions.

I reduced the price last week, if it doesn't sell again, I'll simply take it to Game or CEX.

I just want real time answers to real time questions.

I think we all would prefer that with much of any query. However you are inherently better off using any search engine's algorithm to likely get the most probable responses in the least amount of time.

Using this forum as a comparable resource is terribly inefficient in comparison. Where asking questions of such a highly specialized nature usually equates to a very small number if anyone who may or may not provide the right answer and only when they capriciously decide to even respond to you. In due-time, not real-time. Also to consider that in many cases, people simply used a search engine to respond to you in first place. After all, none of us here are any kind of "oracle" who inherently have all the right answers to any and all questions.

In using a search engine yourself, all you need to do is to effectively word your query into a text box and enter it. In the process, it won't care how polite or rude or repetitive your questions may be. And you are free to use the search engine of your choice. Keeping in mind that when we say "google", we don't mean the brand name as a noun, but rather just a verb implying "to search for".

There are no "fan-boys" here. Only those attempting to explain to you that it's far easier to simply type in a query into a search engine's text box and get a near instant response than grapple with multiple personalities with narrow fields of expertise who may or may not even bother to respond. That if you are serious about wanting a real-time answer, by all means use a search engine to get a real-time response.

Last edited:
There are no "fan-boys" here. Only those attempting to explain to you that it's far easier to simply type in a query into a search engine's text box and get a near instant response than grapple with multiple personalities with narrow fields of expertise who may or may not even bother to respond. That if you are serious about wanting a real-time answer, by all means use a search engine to get a real-time response.

I'm curious as to whether any "google fan-boys" actually exist. It seems pretty difficult to be a fan of a search engine, but I suppose it's not any stranger than having a special interest in batteries, and certainly more educational...

The reason I didn't comment is that when I responded to you previous post on this subject (telling you that £15 was too high an asking price, as it happens), you were extremely rude in response. Maybe if you aren't nasty to the people who try to help you will get more people doing so. Also, listening to the advise you are given, not just the advise you want to hear, will also help. Listening to me would certainly have saved you a lot of time.

I'm curious as to whether any "google fan-boys" actually exist. It seems pretty difficult to be a fan of a search engine, but I suppose it's not any stranger than having a special interest in batteries, and certainly more educational...

The only real Google "fan-boys" I know are those who hold stock in Alphabet. ;)

Something "Bing" told me. :oops:

Last edited:
I'm a Google Hooligan, I'll break your kneecaps if you mention another search engine in my vicinity. Not on my watch!

897541E8-F53A-462F-9A97-671FBDE9B459.jpeg
I prefer Duck Duck Go myself rather than Google, no fanboy here!

I did actually get an offer for the set last week, £10 for the whole thing, I declined it though, I'd rather not let the thing go for less than at least £12 plus postage.

Although if it doesn't sell by this Sunday, I'll save it till Mortal Kombat 11 comes out in April and trade it in towards that.

"Dogpile" is yet another (meta)search engine.
Had to double-check this one myself.

@tree is a zen master.

;)

Oh haha, I totally misunderstood the meaning behind the photo, there’s a surprise now! Dogpile is a new one on me I’ll check it out, sounds a bit weird reading that back. o_O

New Threads

Top Bottom