• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Good evening, folks!

AnneTheEmpress

Hello everyone,

Online, I prefer to be called Anne. I'm sure it will be a pleasure getting to know a few of you.

I guess I should tell you a little about myself in regards to why I am here. I'm not normal and wish to know why. My search has consistently brought up Aspbergers and so I have turned to this forum for further research that is closer to "real life". I do not know if I will ever seek a diagnosis as I fear what it could do to the ability to get a job.

welcome-to-aspies-central.jpg

Welcome to the Land of Aspies Central.

Hope you enjoy your stay in this wonderful internet aspie land.

Hi there and welcome to Aspies Central! Don't worry too much about being "different", ok? It's not as bad as it might sound. If anything comes up, feel free to ask.

Welcome to the forums, feel free to ask questions and share your experiences with us.

Welcome! I am self diagnosed. I'm not sure I could get a diagnosis even if I wanted one where I live. What few resources we have deal only with children and family support. Besides, for myself a official diagnosis doesn't mean anything. I don't really need any help from programs, or assistance. It might have been helpful when I was a kid, but had i known then I might not have learned all the coping skills and covering and acting I can do now. I'm not sure what the implications would be for me carrier wise if I did get a diagnosis, or how it might affect my ability to get health insurance. But aside from the relief and revelation of figuring out why I'm not "normal" I have also taken the knowledge about my ASD and come up with some changes to make my life a bit less stressful. Sort of strategies, and tools to help me do the simplethings that I have always had such trouble with. I still haven't told anyone what I have figured out about myself, but when I do have problems I can try to learn from them to see what I might can change to avoid it the next time. I will always be "different" and I will probably never be able to read people well, and I still get overloaded and overstimulated and overwhelmed by noise and light and crowds and stuff. But now I know why.

Thank you, everyone.

I have had to take the same sort of approach as Billi. hah.. there are times that I don't exactly blend though, at least not well enough to fool my in-laws. They know that I am nice and intelligent, they just don't know how to take me as a whole. I can fool a person once or twice, but anyone that sees me more than a couple of times knows that something is off and it's not a fluke.
I've got to work on my blending skills.

New Threads

Top Bottom