• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Going to Comic Con(Baltimore) by myself.

Shiznown

I was originally going to go to comic con today with a friend of mine, he couldn't make it. All my other friends who would have been interested in going can't make it either, so I'm going to Comic Con by myself. I'm alittle annoyed, that I always wind up going to places by myself. I like having someone there to talk to during the time I'm there. I'm going to see Joel Hodgson from Mystery Science Theater 3000. Is anyone else going?

Wow ! Congrats on your determination, I hope you have an awesome time.

It can be annoying going alone but don't let it effect your time. You been waiting for this day and now it here. Have lots of fun.

I am glad you have the courage to go yourself - something many NT people would not! I hope you meet someone there to hang out with and share experiences.

Thanks guys :). I got to meet Joel and I actually ran into an acquaintance whom I haven't seen in a long time.

How I wished more people had this kind of determination and didn't want to rely on others. Story of my life though, hah. Never rely on others if you want to go places; if you want to go, just go.

Great that you decided to do this as well though :)

How I wished more people had this kind of determination and didn't want to rely on others. Story of my life though, hah. Never rely on others if you want to go places; if you want to go, just go.

Great that you decided to do this as well though :)
Thanks man.

I was originally going to go to comic con today with a friend of mine, he couldn't make it. All my other friends who would have been interested in going can't make it either, so I'm going to Comic Con by myself. I'm alittle annoyed, that I always wind up going to places by myself. I like having someone there to talk to during the time I'm there. I'm going to see Joel Hodgson from Mystery Science Theater 3000. Is anyone else going?
If you don't have anyone to go with, you can always post to all of us from comic con. My middle child who is most aspie of my three (and I am aut spectrum disorder dx'd) wanted to be dropped off at nyc comic con. I let him stay out of high school those days to go! Alone! He stayed with someone I knew from college who lived near enough by...and in the evening, He just had to entertain their 5 year old girl playing mine craft etc with her. His life long interest has been comics. His earliest drawings of stick figures had masks and capes (and villain stick figures had varying numbers of eyes, legs and arms). He drew those at 2, 3... Did not talk till 4.

Hope you had a great time! Nothing wrong with going on your own - I've been to festivals and gigs on my own plenty of times, means you can do exactly what you want without having to compromise with someone else, and you might get to meet interesting new people there too. Always worth doing!

I spent a day at Dragon*Con by myself a couple of years ago. Weird, weird experience. But I got to see a live performance of "The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe," as well as a couple of really interesting panels, in the Skeptrack. In retrospect, though, I think it would have been a lot better had I had someone with me...preferably an NT friend. :p

I work at the local comic con each autumn, which is better than being a customer. It got so crowded last year that players in the Magic tournament couldn't go to the bathroom because they weren't being let back in due to overcapacity. The guest list for this year isn't quite so amazing, though, but at least we get to have the entire convention center this year.

New Threads

Top Bottom