• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Fresh meat

Kelpie13

Hi everyone! My name is Rachel.

I will be turning 24 on the 28th of October and literally just found out that I have high-functioning Asperger's last week from my shrink, although I have always felt that I am "different". The relief I feel at my diagnosis is unimaginable and so much now makes sense to me. I only wish that it had been picked upon sooner.

I'm currently in my third and final year of university, doing a BA in History. On the whole I am pretty happy, but there are times when I feel so incredibly isolated. Classes can be very difficult. I'm extremely sensitive to noise and when you're in a classroom situation and expected to participate in seminars in groups, I can hear pretty every detail of every single conversation going on in the room, as well as noises outside. It makes concentrating incredibly frustrating. Add to that extreme social anxiety and it's pretty much misery. I spend most of the time in there sitting in complete silence because it's the only way I can deal with it.

In my spare time I love to read, books have pretty much been my salvation ever since I can remember. I was always that weird kid at school who read the entire textbook/assigned novel, even though we didn't need to/have to. I also love playing video games badly, anime and animals.

New Threads

Top Bottom