• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

For those who drive, what was your first vehicle?

Try 'reading' law like the great Mr. Lincoln. In his own words he had a 'smattering' of a few things, all of which amounted to less than 9 months in total. He was almost entirely self-educated.

That certainly seems like a more affordable option that's for sure.

Sorry for high jacking your thread.

Try 'reading' law like the great Mr. Lincoln. In his own words he had a 'smattering' of a few things, all of which amounted to less than 9 months in total. He was almost entirely self-educated.

Yeah,I apologize too. I will make a garage area for bench racing and swapping pix and stories.
The motor vehicle and the internal combustion engine have always been my special interests ;)

You mentioned that you now own a 2006 crown Vic. Let me guess it's a 4.6 liter engine I forgot if it's a V6 or V8 I think V8. That's reminds me When I was In high school as part of my automotive mechanics class. We took the an engine out of an 2005 crown Vic then put it in a 1971 ford pick truck. My teacher that summer went on to take the 71 ford on a road trip across to several car shows, where it won several awards at the regional and national level.

QUOTE="Sportster, post: 330174, member: 1842"]I had a 1970 Datsun 510. This is the closest representation I could find. Mine was red with a white vinyl top and stock hubcaps:

CC-12-031-800.jpg

I also had a 1970 Honda XL-70 that looked exactly like this one:

1974-Honda-XL70-Orange-4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

9b9f1d7bd814e63ad3bca39b8c23129f.jpg

1986 Chevrolet Spectrum. $250 from a gravel lot in Salem, Oregon, plus $100 to put in a new timing belt and cam sprocket. The thing pulled sharply to the right until I took it over a speed bump really fast; after that it somehow just worked.

Man that's a neat car. It reminds me of the car that joe kinda drives around in the homicide hunter.

I have a 2005 P71 Street Appearance package. It is a 4.6 V-8, but with all the police options including auxiliary coolers, aluminum drive shaft, stainless steel exhaust, and a 3:55 gear ratio. It's the model used by detectives. The guys I work with said I should put strobes, etc. on it, which I did. However, I took everything off when they started to ambush cops. Here's a video when it still had the strobes:

[/QUOTE]

I have a 2005 P71 Street Appearance package. It is a 4.6 V-8, but with all the police options including auxiliary coolers, aluminum drive shaft, stainless steel exhaust, and a 3:55 gear ratio. It's the model used by detectives. The guys I work with said I should put strobes, etc. on it, which I did. However, I took everything off when they started to ambush cops. Here's a video when it still had the strobes:

[/QUOTE]
I used to work of some local squad cars. They were a nightmare to test drive because if you pulled behind another vehicle,they always drove below the speed limit :p

A couple of decades ago, North Carolina had a problem with 'Blue Light Bandits' who would imitate police by equipping their cars with blue lights and when their victims pulled over they would rob them. For a while the state mandated the police to use their sirens when pulling someone over.

We had that same crud a few years back.

Here in Pennsylvania,local authorities run red and a blue beacons with white strobes and wig wag headlamps. Fire Chiefs can run a single red and the volunteer firefighters run blue lights. Our state troopers run a single red roof mounted array with white strobes and wig wags.

To all those who answered this question, be sure to no longer use this as your security question for resetting forgotten passwords...
nerd.gif

New Threads

Top Bottom