• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Feel paranoid often? feeling your sanity is being traded by applying to social rules?

gaop

I suspect that most aspies would relate to that feeling, please try to be an open minded about the following:
think if the paranoid relates only to NT people, my answer will be yes.
we are living in a world that is ruled and structured by the most (in this case NT. ) we are different from them, don’t forget that even before our time as evolution evolved aspies used to deal with tools such as pills, electricity, exorcism , which being excused as an attempt to release the “demon” or spectrum traits, all because NT can’t understand autism, this mechanism of silencing aspis may still be “running” today, and i’m afraid that’s where our paranoia comes from.

I suspect that most aspies would relate to that feeling, please try to be an open minded about the following:
we are living in a world that is ruled and structured by the most (in this case NT. ) we are different from them, don’t forget that even before our time as evolution evolved aspies used to deal with tools such as pills, electricity, exorcism , which being excused as an attempt to release the “demon” or spectrum traits, all because NT can’t understand autism, this mechanism of silencing aspis may still be “running” today, and i’m afraid that’s where our paranoia comes from.
Interesting post. My favorite example is from the animal kingdom, meaning the red fingernail polish test. Put a dab of fingernail polish on a canine, the others will ignore it. Put it on a monkey, a buddy will groom it away. Put it on a chicken - even the tiniest spec - and the other chickens will pick it to death.

People are a lot like chickens.

And personally, I never bought that it's paranoia if they're really after you; it's called the survival instinct.

I read that University of California at San Diego is working hard on an autism cure. Most autistic people have way too many neurons; UCSD is working on drugs to kill off just the right amount of brain cells. I would say that, yes, they are after us.

NT discovered:
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental condition characterized by social communication deficits, restricted interests, and repetitive behaviors. While ASD has been traditionally viewed as a disorder, recent research suggests that the condition may represent a genetic adaptation that confers unique cognitive advantages.

Several studies have shown that individuals with ASD excel in tasks that require attention to detail, pattern recognition, and logical reasoning. This suggests that ASD may represent a unique cognitive profile that is well-suited to tasks that require high levels of analytical and critical thinking.

Furthermore, individuals with ASD may have a unique ability to focus on specific tasks or interests with remarkable intensity and dedication. This hyperfocus can lead to exceptional levels of skill development and expertise in certain areas, which could be harnessed for the benefit of society.

The emergence of individuals with ASD as a potential new elite is supported by the Tree of Life (TOL) framework. The TOL framework suggests that evolutionary success is determined by the ability to adapt to changing environments and circumstances. Individuals with ASD may represent a unique adaptation that confers a significant advantage in the modern world.

Moreover, recent studies have shown that ASD may be linked to genetic mutations that confer advantages in specific environments. For example, mutations in the CNTNAP2 gene have been associated with improved language abilities, while mutations in the MET gene have been linked to improved cognitive flexibility and social communication.

The emergence of a new elite based on the genetic adaptation of ASD raises important ethical and social questions. How can we ensure that individuals with ASD are fully integrated into society and provided with the necessary support and resources to reach their full potential? How can we avoid stigmatizing individuals with ASD and ensure that their unique abilities are recognized and valued?

In conclusion, the emergence of individuals with ASD as a potential new elite represents a remarkable shift in our understanding of neurodiversity and the potential advantages of genetic adaptation. By embracing and supporting the unique abilities of individuals with ASD, we can harness their exceptional analytical and cognitive skills to solve the complex problems facing our world today. However, we must also be mindful of the ethical implications of such a shift and work to create a more inclusive and supportive society for all.

NT discovered:
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental condition characterized by social communication deficits, restricted interests, and repetitive behaviors. While ASD has been traditionally viewed as a disorder, recent research suggests that the condition may represent a genetic adaptation that confers unique cognitive advantages.

Several studies have shown that individuals with ASD excel in tasks that require attention to detail, pattern recognition, and logical reasoning. This suggests that ASD may represent a unique cognitive profile that is well-suited to tasks that require high levels of analytical and critical thinking.

Furthermore, individuals with ASD may have a unique ability to focus on specific tasks or interests with remarkable intensity and dedication. This hyperfocus can lead to exceptional levels of skill development and expertise in certain areas, which could be harnessed for the benefit of society.

The emergence of individuals with ASD as a potential new elite is supported by the Tree of Life (TOL) framework. The TOL framework suggests that evolutionary success is determined by the ability to adapt to changing environments and circumstances. Individuals with ASD may represent a unique adaptation that confers a significant advantage in the modern world.

Moreover, recent studies have shown that ASD may be linked to genetic mutations that confer advantages in specific environments. For example, mutations in the CNTNAP2 gene have been associated with improved language abilities, while mutations in the MET gene have been linked to improved cognitive flexibility and social communication.

The emergence of a new elite based on the genetic adaptation of ASD raises important ethical and social questions. How can we ensure that individuals with ASD are fully integrated into society and provided with the necessary support and resources to reach their full potential? How can we avoid stigmatizing individuals with ASD and ensure that their unique abilities are recognized and valued?

In conclusion, the emergence of individuals with ASD as a potential new elite represents a remarkable shift in our understanding of neurodiversity and the potential advantages of genetic adaptation. By embracing and supporting the unique abilities of individuals with ASD, we can harness their exceptional analytical and cognitive skills to solve the complex problems facing our world today. However, we must also be mindful of the ethical implications of such a shift and work to create a more inclusive and supportive society for all.
Yet, decades ago , autism declared as a disease and this view is still far from being changed, The current civilization describes autism with it’s disadvantages (atleast according to NT),
How many of you have being drugged out, fooled by psychology?

feeling anxious for must of your life interacting with aliens,
Please don’t be a sheep,

Last edited:
Ask yourself, what is the aspies ratio from the entire population, now consider this value as the number of time a correct prediction as being made, now, how many aspies are actually being diagnosed? what is the process that leads to them being diagnosed?
is it feels like they want to optimize recall or precision here? or worse ?

BTW, aren’t ASD symptomatic features correlates well with intelligence?

Anytime something isn't understood about a group of individuals, then you are shunned or ostracized. Can this create stress or paranoia, quite possibly. People who think differently outside of social norms or standards can be targeted. Great post. Anytime someone is trying to cure autism, l want to know who is funding this. I believe the numbers maybe increasing of us on the spectrum. Because so many of us are independent thinkers, it could it be a possibility of trying to silence us. Is this a paranoid thought? Yes, quite possibly. The dumbing down of students who graduate without critical thinking skills has already taken place.

Last edited:
Please try the following test:

speak with only strangers,

part NT part Aspies, count the number of times you are staring away,

you can do the test with only familiar people as well,

please share your results,

Please try the following test:

speak with only strangers,

part NT part Aspies, count the number of times you are staring away,

you can do the test with only familiar people as well,

please share your results,

Realistically speaking such a 'test' outside of an academic setting isn't very feasible for multiple reasons.

1.) The prevalence of ASD among the general population (2% world wide). Sheer lack of a balanced test pool.

2.) Basic and often profound social anxiety among those in the ND community at large. This is a terrifying and decidedly unpleasant task.

You are looking at the possibility of negative reactions, social rejection, and simple frustration at basic lack of willing participants. The cost of such a 'testing' process on an ASD individual can potentially result in shutdown, meltdown, or at worse full blown burnout.

3.) Availability of willing, reasonable participants.

(Consider someone doing a random social experiment, are you going to participate? In all honesty, I flat out won't. I avoid people on principle and view such forced interactions as infringement of my time. I operate under the assumption that a majority of people have a similar POV. On the flipside there is the overwhelming social anxiety that is directly linked with inconveniencing someone.)

4.) Conscious and consistent record of observation throughout the social interactions. The baseline validity of empirical data , as well as a 40 - 60% comorbidity with ADHD among the ASD community.

5.) Eye contact in social interactions is a major stereotype among the ASD community, especially among low support, high masking often late diagnosed individuals. One of the fastest growing factions of the ASD community.

Last edited:
Realistically speaking such a 'test' outside of an academic setting isn't very feasible for multiple reasons.

1.) The prevalence of ASD among the general population (2% world wide). Sheer lack of a balance test pool.

2.) Basic and often profound social anxiety among those in the ND community at large. This is a terrifying and decidedly unpleasant task.

3.) Availability of willing, reasonable participants.

(Consider someone doing a random social experiment, are you going to participate? In all honesty, I flat out won't. I avoid people on principle and view such forced interactions as infringement of my time. I operate under the assumption that a majority of people have a similar POV. On the flipside there is the overwhelming social anxiety that is directly linked with inconveniencing someone.)

4.) Conscious and consistent record of observation throughout the social interactions. The baseline validity of empirical data , as well as a 40 - 60% comorbidity with ADHD among the ASD community.

5.) Eye contact in social interactions is a major stereotype among the ASD community, especially among low support, high masking often late diagnosed individuals.
1 is false (please see the remark i made about the metrics we probably use and the way that diagnosis is being made, me and not just me have being diagnosed only after a very confusing and hurtful process initiated by ourselves. (I’m 35 y.r)

2. have you ever thought that the anxiety levels might relate to living with NTs?

other then that you’re not being precise enough for me to answer.

Defining one's own 'metrics' is not empirical data. It is a bias of the individual and is inherently flawed because it cannot be replicated in a neutral setting.

Agree to disagree.

Defining one's own 'metrics' is not empirical data. It is a bias of the individual and is inherently flawed because it cannot be replicated in a neutral setting.

Agree to disagree.
Wish i could articulate myself like you do

Agree to disagree.
I think you have just contradicted your point..

Wish i could articulate myself like you do

I think you have just contradicted your point..
Actually I didn't. It is the inherent bias of non-quantifiable 'metrics' that is a no go and is not going to result a reasonable or productive discussion because of the contextual bias.

The reasonable action is to agree to disagree with an opinion and not get into a circular debate about it. Logic works with facts, never with opinions, not matter how concisely worded.

People can be persuaded, but one has to consider the effort involved. Is it worth the time? Is it reasonable or effective? What is the read on the audience? Basic social interaction, albeit written. I have a context read. I outlined my points. Readers will draw their own conclusions.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom