• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite era for movies and music?

Adora

mine is the 80s I love music from that era like INXS,icehouse, split enz and belinda Carlisle and I love the movies like ghostbusters, back to the future and labyrinth.

The 1970s, hands down. I love the old AM radio singer-songwriters, the "interesting" range of rock music, and the themes and actors that were prominent in 70s films.

It's cool to look back on the era of my early childhood to see how things were and how they've changed since then.

70s and 80s for movies, for music from about 1968 through to late 70s because that's the golden age of progressive rock, though I also listen to plenty of music of later decades up to present time.

Movies like Casablanca, Maltese Falcon, African Queen, the Thin Man Series, are my ultimate favourites, 1930's to the 1940's.
Music: Liked the blues resurgence as well as bluegrass and folk in the 1960's, original blues from the 1930's to the 1940's. Early jazz as well.

I can't name an era or decade. Unless you are going by what was popular on the radio at the time, which is only a metric of the lowest common denominator, there was and is great stuff being produced all the time. For the record, I love me some David Bowie and I loved Labyrinth. :)

I also like 70s/80s music and movies. The Band, Bob Dylan, Billy Joel, Redgum, Santana, The Who, Frank Zappa. I have many of their albums, both on CD and vinyl. :) Also like Back to the Future, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Last Waltz, Sixteen Candles.

My era of music started in the late sixties or early seventies, depending on who you ask, and is still going strong. Of course, I wouldn't say that just anything that post-dated '69 was acceptable music. As for movies, I tend to ignore them mostly. I guess I prefer more recent ones, but I'll watch old ones sometimes. Maybe. Probably not.

For music, I have a tough time deciding between the 1970s and 1980s. The 1970s have the best individual songs, while the 1980s runs deeper - the worst of 1970s music is really bad.

For movies, definitely the 1990s, running until about the mid-2000s. Some time around then, directors decided that everything had to be ridiculously long. Everything has to be an epic now.

I like movies from the 1980s, and 50s, & 40s, and silent movies.
And 30s.

Music.....starting in the 1920s & 30s. Some from every decade in the
previous century. And classical (1800s).

This sounds hopeless to me. I like lots of things from different eras.
I should probably go look at the stuff I like and edit this later.....o_O:)

New Threads

Top Bottom