• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Favourite DC Superhero...

AGXStarseed

One of those "no correct answer" questions - it's simply your choice.

Examples include the main superheroes (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl) as well as others such as Aquaman, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Zatanna, Red Tornado, Plastic Man, Static, Big Barda, Warhawk, The Atom, Stargirl, Future Batman, etc.

Without a question, Batman. Batman only, no Robin. I never liked Robin; never did, never will.

View attachment 24549

Yeah, Batman is an awesome superhero.
I think his successor Terry McGuiness was pretty good as well, especially since his batsuit was an upgraded version that increased his strength, allowed him to fly and even had an invisibility cloak.
SgHk5fPErk4.jpg

If you ever get a chance to watch the Batman Beyond TV series, I'd recommend it.
Here's the original two parter, beginning in 2019 as it shows Bruce Wayne's last outing as the Dark Knight before fast-forwarding 20 years to show how he meets with Terry McGuinness - a troubled 17 year old who Bruce will end up passing on the mantle of Batman to.

Episode 1: Rebirth (Part 1)
Episode 2: Rebirth (Part 2)

I suppose I'll go with the Flash. Not neccesarily the Jay Garrick one (not that big into the really old comics) but I like Barry Allen. One of the reasons why I like The flash is because he has a few excellent reads on alternate realities and time travel, things, I quite like anyway. Thus far I quite enjoyed that Earth 2 thing going on the tv show, but I think The flashpoint paradox is a great story featuring The flash (despite the animated movie being marketed as an animated Justice league movie).

I also like Shazam, simply over the fact that he's a different kind of boyscout compared to Superman, but is equal in power. The concept that Shazam can exist in both a superpowered person and a person without any powers is an interesting idea I think. (the really short backstory is that Billy Batson is a regular little boy and he can turn into superpowered Shazam when he wants to).

I somewhat enjoyed Deadman in a few arcs. I prefer Azrael over Batman, even when he was Batman for a short while and I quite like the idea of Jonah Hex for some reason, yet his movie wasn't the greatest and I have yet to read a comic where he's really awesome... but in general a Wild west gunslinger superhero with supernatural abilities seems like a neat idea.

Those are a few that come to mind; not really a fan of most heroes and usually root for team villain.

There's an exception to it all within the DC-verse... well, a few; Suicide squad in general can be considered anti-heroes (regardless on who is part of the team) and I quite like the Red lantern corps, which are anti-heroes in their own right...

Speaking of anti-heroes... perhaps more fitting in the current zeitgeist; Anarky... I like him.

So heroes and a few anti-heroes while I'm trying hard not to rattle off a list of villains, lol.

Without a question, Batman. Batman only, no Robin. I never liked Robin; never did, never will.

View attachment 24549

But with the big line-up of different Robins, there are so many different types, up to where Dick Grayson took up the cowl as Batman himself.

I'll assume you're talking about Bruce Wayne as Batman though ;)

Comics in general tend to be a clusterf**k when it comes to secret identities... there have been 9 or so, people taking up the identity of Robin... including Bruce Wayne (in an alternate universe)

Batman and Superman.

I have the fancy dress costumes at Home for both :D

In fact this past Thursday night I dressed up as Batman and went to the local Tesco to check my Lotto tickets, I do that sometimes, dress up and walk to Tesco and back :D

As for Robin, I don't mind him, the character was good in the 60s TV series played by Burt Ward, a bit camp but it was the 60s, that sort of thing didn't matter in those days.

New Threads

Top Bottom