• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Doing impressions ?

GoofKing

All your bases are belong to us
I dunno why but I love doing celebrity and character impressions :D There's a few that I'm good at and some that people get the gist of whom I'm doing an impression of.

For example, I can barely do Arnold Schwarzenegger but can almost sound like Sylvester Stallone from the Rocky movies ( I was too lazy to look up how to spell that actor's name correctly) ...

I also do various character impressions ranging from cartoons to anime :D

Do you have any impressions of people ?

I can do some impressions, but it's mostly more select lines from movies and such rather than having a full on conversation "in character".

Though I sometimes think that because of using the right way to emphasize words, using the right vocabulary, you're already halfway there. Surely, getting an accent or tone of voice down is important, but some characters don't work without their signature vocabulary.

However, I think I can a reasonable Arnold Schwarzenegger impression. Which probably is one of the few which I can do outside of the few select lines, but rather have a small conversation as. That's quite funny though, since a friend of mine is the same and we've ended up in Arnold vs. Arnold dialogues.. which usually becomes a test how can keep a straight face the longest.

I've been told I can do a pretty ok impresson of The joker from The dark knight as well as Geoff from The late late show with Craig Ferguson. Oh, and cookie monster and an assortment of Sesame street characters (though mostly, the dutch one; don't think I've ever sat down for a non-dutch one ever). And then there's a the few select lines from Tony Montana (Scarface). But I think all in all, it's more about the delivery of the line than having the exact right tone. And I think I've got delivery down for most part, just the tone... that's a tricky part.

"Get Down!" "Get Down!" or "Get to the choppah" "Get to the choppah!"
Just kidding, but I have a great video here, this guy does a great impression of Schwarzenegger and Stallone.

New Threads

Top Bottom