• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone know the word for?

Pushpin, your post called to mind a painting I saw once, which was of a vibrant Prussian-blue sky at dusk, behind a house with glowing golden windows. I wish I could find that image again so I could share it with you, because it really is a beautiful image! It was an American painter. Not Hopper... not Homer... maybe one of the Wyeths? I will check again. Anyway, I like this new word! Thanks for the thread.

Pushpin, your post called to mind a painting I saw once, which was of a vibrant Prussian-blue sky at dusk, behind a house with glowing golden windows. I wish I could find that image again so I could share it with you, because it really is a beautiful image! It was an American painter. Not Hopper... not Homer... maybe one of the Wyeths? I will check again. Anyway, I like this new word! Thanks for the thread.
If you find it, please do share!

If you find it, please do share!

I am not able to find the one I was thinking of, but this one--"Yellow House, Full Moon" by Suzanne Siegel--is similar:

933bedf0d76658e66c8c879ab574bed3.jpg

Pins from suzannesiegel.net on Pinterest

I am not able to find the one I was thinking of, but this one--"Yellow House, Full Moon" by Suzanne Siegel--is similar:

933bedf0d76658e66c8c879ab574bed3.jpg

Pins from suzannesiegel.net on Pinterest

Wow, even looking at this painting is calming. I wonder if it is because the colors are complementary.

According to this article,

"Complementary colors, when used together in color schemes, are especially dynamic and pleasing to the eye. This is because different types of cones (the photoreceptor cells in your eye that contribute to color vision) perceive different colors of light.... A combination of two complimentary colors may be perceived as soothing or balanced, since it simultaneously stimulates different parts of the eye.

I think you are right Pushpin, the complementary colors are really relaxing. I also like that the house has a solitary situation near the water, it is just the sort of place I would love to inhabit!

I think you are right Pushpin, the complementary colors are really relaxing. I also like that the house has a solitary situation near the water, it is just the sort of place I would love to inhabit!

I'd like to live in a similar place, too! Somewhere by the water. Just a small house with a small garden that I tend to. And lots of space between me and my neighbors. I could wake up and just sit alone by the water.

I've also thought about living in the desert because I like the colors there, too.

New Threads

Top Bottom