• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you say terrible things you didn't mean/regret later?

Ana54

Once I said I wished I had had an abortion.

Once I said I hated autistics.

Once I said I hated my bf and was done with him. I also said I was done with him other times.

Once I said I felt like letting my son suffer instead of responding to his cries.

Once I said I wanted to be normal and seem normal because I am.

Once I said I was done with Aspies For Freedom. I called several members adult children because in my opinion they were acting like immature NT teens picking on others.

Some times I said I wanted to die. Other times I said I wanted to kill myself.

Other crap too.

Everybody says horrible things at least a few times in their lives. It is just that people "like us" will dwell on them for years and years, whereas someone who isn't on the spectrum is likely to apologize (or not) and forget all about it within a day or two.

I apologize and if they find it alright now that I apologize it's good, but sometimes they don't... and I just started this thread for fun. I hardly feel bad anymore. Just about some things I don't think I apologized effectively for.

Yes. It's usually at work and I find it happens when I haven't eaten and my blood sugar must be low. I have said things to co-workers and patients alike. After I go eat and am able to relax for about a half hour, I find that I'm ok again. Then comes the hard part of apologizing for my actions. Most understand after I said that I really needed to go eat. If I don't eat about every 3-4 hrs, I can get really cranky (or grumpy).

Yes. It's usually at work and I find it happens when I haven't eaten and my blood sugar must be low. I have said things to co-workers and patients alike. After I go eat and am able to relax for about a half hour, I find that I'm ok again. Then comes the hard part of apologizing for my actions. Most understand after I said that I really needed to go eat. If I don't eat about every 3-4 hrs, I can get really cranky (or grumpy).
I have the exact same issue with eating. With help, I was able to figure out that if I replace my lunch with snacks (healthy ones) all day, that I do not sffer the lows that lead to this unwanted behavior. Good luck finding your balance.

New Threads

Top Bottom