• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you find it strange to tell friends you love them?

Do you find it strange to tell friends you love them?

• No; it's fine

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes; it's strange

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
I use it occasionally as a form of mind screw, and to enforce the creepy friend factor.

For the best results I close my eyes until their just closed and can barely see the other person, tilt my head to the side slightly and after I've confessed my love to them I instantly break away from my -usual- -self- and give them either a -smile- or a -smirk- depending on the local and the person.

The "I love you" stuns them, while the follow up knocks them off their feet. If the person is still in shock and hasn't instinctively pulled away, then I'll go in for a slow hug and whisper into their ear "We'll be together forever, my love." if the hug lasts a full 10 seconds without them pulling away, then I'll gently pull away from them.

After getting this far I, well... Perhaps I'll leave that part to your imagination, unless you want to know the details? I'll happily divulge if that's the case.

Yea, that is reserved really only for my girlfriend. I don't like using it with anyone else. I think its nice that some people who are friends feel comfortable doing it, its nice to see a close bond like that but there's no way I could do it.

Definitely not. I tell my ex/bff that I love him all the time. I feel bad because often I will say it when I don't really love someone, although I try not to. Whenever people tell me they love me, unless it's a family member, I don't believe it because people say it so casually when they don't even mean it.

I would never tell a friend that I love them that would be really weird and false, the only people in my life I have said it to is my daughters and my partner and even then it is rare and is usually in reply when they say they love me, but I really truly love them as they mean everything to me, but I can not say that about the very few friends I have. When my Dad rings me, he says love at the end of the call and it makes me feel very awkward and I attempted to say it back once but my brain just became clumsy.

One of my female friends said that she loved me a few months ago. I posted my previous comment last year, and even though I still think the same way, nowadays I think love can equal appreciation of person's presence in your life. So I said that I loved her too... I meant in that way (I didn't have to explain all this to her... she knew I'm weird :D )

Friends, family, anyone, anything... all strange to say that to. It creeps me out big time whenever anyone says that to me, so I certainly don't say it to anyone. I don't think it means anything close to what I actually feel, anyway.

New Threads

Top Bottom