• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

I think "for a reason" has at least two interpretations:
  • Every event is caused physically by a previous one
  • Every event happens so we learn from it's (alleged) meaning
OP is referring to the second one from what I understand, which is wishful thinking IMO.

Life's hard and it may be comforting to believe such things (same with religion) but there's no evidence at all of "meaning" behind random events.

That's not to say that we can't learn from things that happen to us and even (in some circumstances) make us happier than before.

There are helpful tools to deal with life's situations such as stoicism or even maybe zen philosophy (not to be confused with buddhism).

Also science and technology are very important for navigating through the hardships of our existence.

Reason as intent? Absolutely not.
Reason as a describable process for why something came to be? I sure hope so, but it's not looking like it.

New Threads

Top Bottom