• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do u like parties and party planning?

It's complicated. I can go to parties, as we've mentioned before, but unless I'm with comfortable, trusting others, I won't last too long before just feeling overly out of place and to the point of not enjoying myself at all. I certainly try, though. Now, I do have my hands in planning sizeable events a few times a year, ironic as that sounds. These events are where I will be working and having constant focus on keeping folks entertained / happy, and so I end up seeing time fly right before me. It usually doesn't overwhelm or bother me, in that case. I have helping others who I trust well, though. I could not pull off any of these events alone. Trusting, comfortable others / friends who I can rely on to take part in the work are only why I can have these successes.

I keep trying to find more analogies for this. Maybe this one, even: I couldn't be someone who just sits in a fancy restaurant all night long and converses with people or who even just had to sit still listening to everyone all night...but...I could definitely be a cook or a waiter in the same place the whole time. I guess, some people call it having nervous energy..?

My idea of planning for a party consists of buying junk food and soda. I put solids in disposable bowls. And bottles of soda in 5 gallon buckets with ice. I only ever threw a party as part of an organization, so no need to send invites.

Both yes and no. I very much enjoy planning the party and getting all the supplies and looking at all the details, making sure people have fun. But attending the party and mingling is less fun because I get exhausted too fast. A couple of hours of that and I have to sneak away and take a break. I don't know how many times I have done that, snuk away and found a quiet spot to be alone for a while.
I have never been to parties,so I do not know. But I think some of it may get exhausting for an autistic
I live having a party by myself and it is great I put up decorations, play music and make some nice food
And I have fun
Sometimes it's better with no people, may be worse with people

New Threads

Top Bottom